Sign in to follow this  

Weird Clutch

I practiced last nightand had a strange deal with my clutch.  I am running the Core EXP with the stock basket/plates.

I was going down a dirt road back to the truck from the place we ran our motos and my clutch lever started acting strange.  Kind of got real loose and lost all the tension.  It would go mid way or sometimes almost to the grip.  I have never experienced clutch fade before but thought this was it.  The bike did not lose drive though...it wasnt like the clutch was slipping and losing clamping pressure.  But when the lever got funky it wouldn't do what it was supposed to obviously.  By the time I got the bike on the truck the lever felt normal.  This morning it felt normal.

Work was nuts today so tomorrow I will give it a bath and see whats up.  I fear I will find black oil and everything wrecked.  This thing has been flawless up till now.

Called Rekluse and it was very odd.  He said he had no idea and that he had never experienced fading etc.  Had no info for me at all...very weird usually those guys are amazing.

I don't get it.  I was freaked out by the XRings jumping out...now this.  Never lost power to the rear wheel..but this was still alarming to me as I have never had an issue like this.  It just doesnt make sense.

• Like 1

The pressure plate has an adjuster with 2 set screws.  Somehow the set screws got loose and the pressure plate backed out from its position because the adjuster went loose.  Anyway I basically took the clutch apart and inspected it and reset everything- making sure the set screws were tight.  It feels solid now.  I am very thankful that nothing is floating around.  

• Like 1

I had a weird clutch issue (I don't have a rekluse tho) It was the bearing behind the clutch basket that went out. So the basket was moving all around causing all kinds of weird clutch issues. Big pita, pulling cases and going through a rebuild. Hopefully that's not your issue.

No. Geez are you good now?

Apparently I needed to really tighten a couple set screws better and the pressure plate went out of adjustment.