Sign in to follow this  

Kx250 flooding it self!

Alright, so i finished my rebuild on my 94 kx250, started for the first time and went to break it, and everything ran perfect. noticed it needed a new throttle cable, so the bike sat for a week and a half while the new one came in, put it on once it came in and started it and I'm assuming the cable and idle were not set up right so when i started it the engine rev'd up a lot so i hit the kill switch, but now when i go to start it, it will run for 3 or 4 seconds, then when you try to give it any gas it will die. i checked the plug multiple times after this is happening, and it seems to be flooded. so i checked the jets, and the main jet is a 45, which is said to be stock, the needle clip is in the middle which is also stock, but the pilot jet is a 148, but the stock is 165. i was also wondering if it is the mixture of my gas. i have tried it with both the choke on and off and still get the same result. so if anyone has any advice please let me know!!

Alright, so i finished my rebuild on my 94 kx250, started for the first time and went to break it, and everything ran perfect. noticed it needed a new throttle cable, so the bike sat for a week and a half while the new one came in, put it on once it came in and started it and I'm assuming the cable and idle were not set up right so when i started it the engine rev'd up a lot so i hit the kill switch, but now when i go to start it, it will run for 3 or 4 seconds, then when you try to give it any gas it will die. i checked the plug multiple times after this is happening, and it seems to be flooded. so i checked the jets, and the main jet is a 45, which is said to be stock, the needle clip is in the middle which is also stock, but the pilot jet is a 148, but the stock is 165. i was also wondering if it is the mixture of my gas. i have tried it with both the choke on and off and still get the same result. so if anyone has any advice please let me know!!

Pull off the sub frame/intake boot and watch the slide as you cycle the throttle a few times, make sure it shuts properly and doesn't get hung up, slide gap gasket in place?

Make sure the choke is seating properly, Also get brand new jets.  I picked up a 98 KX250 and had problems with fouling plugs, It had all stock jets that were old.  I picked up all new jets and noticed the 10 year old 45 jet compared to the new one was WAY larger than a 47 Pilot.  I say check your float height, choke and get a new set of jets they are only like 10-20$ for a new set of genuine keihin jets. 

I mix my gas at 28:1 with stock jets and it works fine.