Sign in to follow this  

help 2014 ktm 250sx

Guys i need help setting up my suspension, i tried a few different things at the track yesterday and nothing seemed to feel good what so ever. im about 220lbs 6'5" tall, is anyone around the same height and weight that can give me some advice on what i should do?

Get some 52 fork springs and a 6.0 shock spring....for starters

Guys i need help setting up my suspension, i tried a few different things at the track yesterday and nothing seemed to feel good what so ever. im about 220lbs 6'5" tall, is anyone around the same height and weight that can give me some advice on what i should do?

You need a 58 or 60N/mm set to 10-11mm preload, but more importantly the shock needs to be valved way harder (incl fixing the rebound for running sitffer springs) than stock until you simulate a 100-105mm sag feeling and it keeps up in the stroke. Most likely 2-4 steps stiffer in valving.

Had the same issues and yesterday and today i finally get it to work after having the right company revalve both the Ohlins and the WP, second revalve going stiffer it now works perfect. We went up 3 steps in Ohlins charts for comp, and 2 steps on the rebound. Im running 450 SXF 2013 and way 200lbs at 187cm.

I'm about your size, 6'3" and 225, not sure what your skill is but I'm intermediatish.  You need to put the correct springs for your weight, period.  All I've done so far to my 14' is put in the correct springs and a JBI pro perch, the suspension right now is just titties.  The perch really helps the front be plush but still resist bottoming.  The suspension is night and day better than what it was stock and can't wait to try some other things soon.

http://www.ridejbi.com/jbi-pro-perch/

• Like 1