Sign in to follow this  

2012 450sxf Engine noise, need help

I have a 2012 450sxf carb model, it sounds like the cam chain is slapping around in there, could this be low oil pressure? What can cause low oil pressure? Could the oil strainer be plugged/ dirty? could this cause this issue? I spoke with Big Dan at Munn racing and he was talking about the suction and pump gears, how can I tell if these are bad/the issue? I would really like some sort of checklist before I tear into it. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Could be but also could be the tensioner is worn , it's a well known problem

^^^ is there any way to test for this? I Have heard of putting a washer on it to get more flow, if that works is that the problem?

Has anyone had any experience with the Nihilo manual tensioner? I cant tell by the description if it still works off the oil pressure or if it is mechanical like the dirt tricks one, but the dirt tricks one is on backorder everywhere. I would like to get one come asap.

any info would be great, thanks

Manual ones generally don't work on oil pressure

At least the fully manual

Check your tensioner first before anything else I just did mine on 2012 350 threw the original one in the bin and made my own

does the noise go when you pull the clutch in? could be the new design clutch that's in it