Sign in to follow this  

Another FCR/MRD DRZ400S breathes!

So the last two weeks have been an exercise in patience.  partially waiting for my MRD/Z-PRO system, a new 45 pilot jet to come in from china, and an on/off/reserve petcock I ordered from brownfamilyracing's ebay store.  In the down time I tried a few different variations of the JD jet kit recommended settings to no avail, though maybe they would have worked had I found the 42 pilot jet was plugged earlier...

With your help, and after my shipments came in, I think i followed one of you guys's recommendation for setting up the FCR39MX like so:

160 main

45 pilot

100 PAJ

open MAJ

JD Blue, clip 4

2 turns

thin o-ring mod

i also threw in a flex jet for good measure...  cause... ya know..

Well I put everything together this evening in a few hours, started it up and to my surprise the bike kicked over immediately!  turned over under choke and was humming like a top, I set the flex jet according to eddies directions and then adjusted the idle to a reasonable amount.  I also adjusted the fuel screw to relieve a little idle hover which occurred very slightly around 1 to 1.5 turns out.  Went for a ride, wow that MRD is loud!  my seat of the pants dyno figured that this gained 4 to 5 hp. its a little weird because i'm not sure if I've got a tiny amount of hesitation across all the rpm range, tweaking from this stage is all in the main needle right?  before I forget to mention, I did check the squirt duration and start and it seemed fine.  all things said, i'm very happy with the fcr roll on, and the z-pro pipe is loud... riding around the neighborhood at 10pm is ill advised but so much fun, i missed the drz for sure.  at this point I might go ahead and install that quiet insert/spark arrestor.

any further tweaking or fine tuning guides you all might suggest i'll be all ears.  

-Sam

IMG_20140515_224925.jpg

IMG_20140515_224940.jpg

IMG_20140515_224954.jpg

IMG_20140515_225124.jpg

• Like 4

Bike looks nice,  congrats on the new upgrades,  me shorty MRD sets off car alarms sometimes if im too close to em,  lol

• Like 1

Bike looks nice,  congrats on the new upgrades,  me shorty MRD sets off car alarms sometimes if im too close to em,  lol

:lol:  HAHA that could be fun on my campus!

• Like 3

So the last two weeks have been an exercise in patience.  partially waiting for my MRD/Z-PRO system, a new 45 pilot jet to come in from china, and an on/off/reserve petcock I ordered from brownfamilyracing's ebay store.  In the down time I tried a few different variations of the JD jet kit recommended settings to no avail, though maybe they would have worked had I found the 42 pilot jet was plugged earlier...

With your help, and after my shipments came in, I think i followed one of you guys's recommendation for setting up the FCR39MX like so:

160 main

45 pilot

100 PAJ

open MAJ

JD Blue, clip 4

2 turns

thin o-ring mod

i also threw in a flex jet for good measure...  cause... ya know..

Well I put everything together this evening in a few hours, started it up and to my surprise the bike kicked over immediately!  turned over under choke and was humming like a top, I set the flex jet according to eddies directions and then adjusted the idle to a reasonable amount.  I also adjusted the fuel screw to relieve a little idle hover which occurred very slightly around 1 to 1.5 turns out.  Went for a ride, wow that MRD is loud!  my seat of the pants dyno figured that this gained 4 to 5 hp. its a little weird because i'm not sure if I've got a tiny amount of hesitation across all the rpm range, tweaking from this stage is all in the main needle right?  before I forget to mention, I did check the squirt duration and start and it seemed fine.  all things said, i'm very happy with the fcr roll on, and the z-pro pipe is loud... riding around the neighborhood at 10pm is ill advised but so much fun, i missed the drz for sure.  at this point I might go ahead and install that quiet insert/spark arrestor.

any further tweaking or fine tuning guides you all might suggest i'll be all ears.  

-Sam

M8,  your rear exhaust tab should be in front of the welded bike mount,  you have it on the back,  the pipes mount/tab goes against the mount on the outside, not the inside.

like this

drz56.jpg

• Like 3

lol, well i asked dave specifically for the new logo/sticker.  but only because I thought it would be nice to be on the crest of the new wave of z-pro badged MRD threads.

Thanks for catching that 150ron, I'll change it tonight.  I hope your bike is cleaner now than it was in that pic, mikesulley would be flipping out right now.

• Like 3

M8,  your rear exhaust tab should be in front of the welded bike mount,  you have it on the back,  the pipes mount/tab goes against the mount on the outside, not the inside.

like this

drz56.jpg

This looks like a bike that does "work"!!!!!! :smirk::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1