Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

1985 XL600R need help finding plastic nut assembly on carb plunger choke!

Been searching, no results:( Stupid part broke and i can't find a replacement, please help me find a part number for something that will work. Everything I've found says not available, can't find on eBay either, local honda no help... Thank u!

Edited by MaicoMaico

Go to the hardware store and take the peace that need the screw and they'll find one that matches it for you hope it help

In looking at the diagram, I assume you are referring to part number 16046-MG2-891?  I feel your pain, having a bike you cannot get parts for is a headache, particularly if it is a bike you enjoy!

I'm not very familiar with this model, is it a dual carb?  If not, my first move would be to locate a similar size carb to install on the bike.  If you want to keep it on the road, you may want to start sorting out what is available and what is not available and build up some sort of "inventory".

Go on amazon and buy a mikuni TM 38 choke plunger (about $11). They are an aftermarket plunger designed to eliminate the remote choke on various bikes and use a knob style choke on the carb, they use the exact same plastic nut.

If you like your remote choke on the handlebars i belive you could cut the shaft on the tm 38 plunger and just rob the nut . Or buy an aftermarket crf 450 hot start plunger nut.

I'll post a pic in a minute of the mikuni part.

Hey guys! Thanks for the info and helping me. Ill look around as you suggest. I should have been more clear, as I'm not just need the nut. The thread the nut screws on to broke off with the nut. I am needed the whole sleeve or piece with the treading the nut attaches to. It appears that the Florida humidity rusted the spring in the choke mechanism, cause the plunger to stick, breaking the plastic parts. So now the choke plunger just wants to stay up. You guys are awesome, thank you, Chris

The mikuni set up i mentioned replaces all of it. Plunger, knob, little rubber seal/boot, spring and the entire plastic threaded portion.

Is the plunger stuck in the carb? If it is, i can provide instructuctions on how to remove it without destroying it. Do not use pliers, the plunger will break off.

Edited by Backwoods Bomber