Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

nitroglycerol for arm pump? anybody ever tried it?

apparently the nitro widens the veins and helps the heart pump blood to the them? Thinking about trying it but i dont want it to make my heart race!

has anyone ever tried it?

Obviously,

You've never had nitro?

Don't do it. You won't be racing!

Your head feels like it will explode on nitro.

I've had six heartattacks. Its nothing to play with. Nitro actually can stop your heart, if you have certain conditions.

I know this, I have one. That is how they tested for it. Flat lining isn't fun. Neither is coming to and going through trembles, then posturing. Torn muscles from cramping.

Its no joke.

Just my 2¢

ok thank you .... i didnt know of the effects or much about it just read a little bit.

i wont attempt it     thanks for the input

• Like 1

ok thank you .... i didnt know of the effects or much about it just read a little bit.

i wont attempt it thanks for the input

I wouldn't attempt it without a doctor saying to.

More seat time is the only remedy for arm pump. But I have seen people use things like icy hot and tiger balm on their fore arms. I tried that a couple times but I'm not sure if it helped.

During an Enduro my legs generally start cramping after the gas stop. I've tried just about everything. Asperin in my camelback, bicycling, (which does help the most for me) bananas, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and more. But what works best for me is plain old pickle juice. I come in at the gas and drink about 8 to 16 ounces of juice collected off Mount Olive brand Kosher Dills and no cramps. Depending on how tough the race is I might down some more after the event so I don't cramp on the way home. I used to watch some guy down almost a quart of the stuff and think, "you must be crazy", now I know first hand why.

2004 CRF250Rx, 07R head, 08R cam, 08R piston, 04X bottom end, recluse, 2mm stroke.

apparently the nitro widens the veins and helps the heart pump blood to the them? Thinking about trying it but i dont want it to make my heart race!

has anyone ever tried it?

Jesus.... how about stop white knuckling the bars BRO don't buy that snake oil