Trying to get blinkers , headlight and tail light to work

Just recently purchased as 99 xr400 and loving it , getting all the ADR gear for rego and come across a few little things , first things are easy just need to no where to buy head light and tail light bulbs , do I need to go genuine or can I go to supercheap or something ? Another thing I'm going led indicators , have the in line led resistors on the way but have mounted them , I'm aware they will just stay on at the moment but have the front ones all good and the rear right all good with the green wire for ground and the blue for active , but I can't seem to find the wire for rear right ? In total not including the brake assembly I have 5 wires ! No idea why ! I no the 2 green are ground and the blue is for right indicator ? But I have orange left and another colour (can't remember at the moment ) used the multimeter and couldn't get voltage on any of the with left blinker on... Did a doggy and ran a bridged wire from front left and got it going (doesn't flash yet ) will

This do ? Probably going to take them off after road worthy anyway

WIRINGXR400_RED.jpg

A 400 wiring diagram..Left click it..Next page that opens,,Save the image to your pc as a .jpg..Then you can

study it at length in the garage without being on the net.

Edited by Horri

From a motorcycle shop normally..though these days some m/c shops carry virtually nothing useful such as bulbs.

If that's the case go to a car auto electrical type place and see if they have the bulbs,,they should if they are any good.

If they don't have them they should be able to order some in for you..Take your old bulbs in so they can get a look at them..

or if you have no bulbs take in the headlight and tailight so they can eyeball the fitting..12volt bulbs is what you want..

If they don't have them you could check SuperCheap auto or a store like them..They may have them but chances are they won't.

Best bet is as I say a good auto electrical repair shop..if they don't have them then you may need to go to a Honda dealer

and order the right bulbs for the lights if they are the original lights.

Edited by Horri
  • Like 1

This is totally off topic, but can you guys get the vulcanizing hot patches down under?  Those are the patches that you light on fire.   We're having trouble patching tubes that run at low pressure.

Edited by Baja Rambler