Sign in to follow this  

Still making DRZ400e

Can anyone answer this question of when Suzuki might end up stopping production of the mighty drz400e

I don't want to miss out!! Love the old bikes!!

Why would they stop,   there is nothing between the 250's and the 650's out there (accept a few exotics that not too many people own),    They still sell em like hot cakes,      HONDA, YAMAHA, AND KAWASAKI are such dumbass's IMO,   they need to come out with a 450-500 new dual sport,  something like a CRF450L,  making around 40+ HP stock,  those would sell.

Even tho the DRZ is almost 15 years old and the same,  i still think it makes pretty good power and is not that heavy. 

• Like 4

Why would they stop,   there is nothing between the 250's and the 650's out there (accept a few exotics that not too many people own),    They still sell em like hot cakes,      HONDA, YAMAHA, AND KAWASAKI are such dumbass's IMO,   they need to come out with a 450-500 new dual sport,  something like a CRF450L,  making around 40+ HP stock,  those would sell.

Even tho the DRZ is almost 15 years old and the same,  i still think it makes pretty good power and is not that heavy. 

+1 Ron.....the only other 400 out there that's street legal is the Beta, and unfortunately, even though I've read it's a really good bike, there isn't very much aftermarket support....

what Suzuki would benefit from is an upgrade to 450 with the 6th gear for highway use. Even though I would like FI, I would be ok with a stock FCR

• Like 1

+1 Ron.....the only other 400 out there that's street legal is the Beta, and unfortunately, even though I've read it's a really good bike, there isn't very much aftermarket support....

what Suzuki would benefit from is an upgrade to 450 with the 6th gear for highway use. Even though I would like FI, I would be ok with a stock FCR

+1,  dont forget the oil sight glass,   its such a good thing just having your bike upright and seeing the oil level.  

I still prefer 5 gears,  maybe they can just make them like the ACT gears spread,  FI would be nice.  :thumbsup:

They better not come out with a new drz,  cause all of us are gonna be pissed!!   :foul:  :D

• Like 1

I don't think Suzuki has offered an E model in the US in a few years, just the S and SM.

OP is in  :aussy: ,  they have brand new 2014's there now. 

What is the E model about?  I understand the s and sm versions.  Is the E an off-road only, that people convert to street legal?

+1,  dont forget the oil sight glass,   its such a good thing just having your bike upright and seeing the oil level.  

I still prefer 5 gears,  maybe they can just make them like the ACT gears spread,  FI would be nice.  :thumbsup:

They better not come out with a new drz,  cause all of us are gonna be pissed!!   :foul:  :D

Yeh, can you imagine the rush to unload the old bike?.......be like one of those twisters in Oklahoma..... :lol:

What is the E model about?  I understand the s and sm versions.  Is the E an off-road only, that people convert to street legal?

Yep, the difference is it's more of a dirt oriented bike....FCR39 carb, more high performance cams, slightly taller for offroading and ground clearance. In :aussy: , it comes with a plate......here, some guys have bought aftermarket kits and plated theirs, but a lot of states have stopped allowing that, which then makes those plated "E"s more desirable.

• Like 1

Yep, the difference is it's more of a dirt oriented bike....FCR39 carb, more high performance cams, slightly taller for offroading and ground clearance. In :aussy: , it comes with a plate......here, some guys have bought aftermarket kits and plated theirs, but a lot of states have stopped allowing that, which then makes those plated "E"s more desirable.

Lets not forget the most important thing,  that little flasher thingie,  on the back side of the turn signals/horn piece,  lol

Over here (Cali) E's are worth very little,  cause you cant make them street legal.

• Like 1

Lets not forget the most important thing,  that little flasher thingie,  on the back side of the turn signals/horn piece,  lol

Over here (Cali) E's are worth very little,  cause you cant make them street legal.

Oh yeh, the warp speed switch............hahahahaha :lol:

• Like 1

Oh yeh, the warp speed switch............hahahahaha :lol:

Craigo wont admit it,  but Chooken pm'd me and told me twas factory installed NOS only available..  down unda.   :D

All joking aside,  a E model is a great bike stock. 

• Like 1

Why would you "prefer" less gears? 6 speeds makes a small displacement single cyl bike VASTLY more useful.

In what way do you prefer a 5 speed?

Why would you "prefer" less gears? 6 speeds makes a small displacement single cyl bike VASTLY more useful.

In what way do you prefer a 5 speed?

Less shifting,  and you need power to properly pull that 6th gear. 

Heard sales were down 30%on last year, I would like to see FI added to the DRZ 400 but I'd still have one anyway, great trail bike at low cost

• Like 1

Mark , suzuki would have to be out of there mind to stop selling the E in OZ . But in saying that , it`s days are numbered . It already has a bodgey setup on it to pass emission laws , so if they get any more stringent then we could kiss it goodbye . Hopefully they will make the RMX more reliable and offer it as a replacement for the old dinosaur . But we may just go down the same path as america and only have an S/SM model , greg