Sign in to follow this  

FI indicator light use

I bought the Suzuki FI indicator light thinking I could use just that to plug in and get my hours on my 2013 rmz 450.

So I guess I should've researched it more when I ordered it I couldn't find my manual and had just heard about it and what I did find online looked like you only needed the FI light so I got it.

Well in the manual it says you need another wire / coupler that will then plug into a 12v battery to make it work.

Has anyone else bought all this and done this ?

Or is there a way to get around the other part and just use the FI light?

I don't really want to buy another 45 dollar wire to just read my hours, I never put a hour meter on bike when new and was curious where I was at.

Any help would be great, thanks.

There is a great write up on this forum on a home made FI light setup. I followed it and it was easy and cheap. Ther hardest part was rigging up the led light. It was a yr and a half ago though so I would have to read it over again to  remember how to hook it back up and answer your question. Do a search.

I have the Suzuki light itself just don't have the wire you I guess also have to buy and hook up to battery to make work haha

But yeah I'm looking into it more

You can just start the bike up and the light will come on.