Sign in to follow this  

My new 690, North Alabama

Great looking bike  :thumbsup:

You will love it.. Best 50/50 bike available. The DRZ guys just stand and drool when I show up for group rides.  :worthy:

I just installed the full Akro + Evo Kit with cam etc... on mine. Really worth the money. Reminded me of a hard hitting 2 stroke enduro. If you can go for it.

I just installed the full Akro + Evo Kit with cam etc... on mine. Really worth the money. Reminded me of a hard hitting 2 stroke enduro. If you can go for it.

I'm thinking of buying a new one of these, can you explain the full Akro + Evo kit and how much is it, thanks, Roost

See http://www.ktm-parts.com/76512945200.html#.U6G0meFfrbU . You would need to add an Akrapovic exhaust + header. Your dealer should be able to source the parts and quote you a price. My pricing will differ from yours as I live in the Middle-East. The basic idea is to put more air and fuel in the engine quicker and expell exhaust gases out faster. The FI will have to remaped by the dealer. My bike is an EU specs and the Cops are tolerant in my neck of the woods. Keep in mind that the bike will be much louder than stock (the airbox is replaced by straight induction torque tube). The upside is that the bike howls over 6,000 rpm and hits the 8,000 redline in 6th gear (I saw +/-112 mph on a good day). I haven't dynoed the the bike but expect a 10 HP gain if done correctly and with all the bits added. The other bit of kit that makes a difference is the steering stabilizer. It is worth fitting.

See http://www.ktm-parts.com/76512945200.html#.U6G0meFfrbU . You would need to add an Akrapovic exhaust + header. Your dealer should be able to source the parts and quote you a price. My pricing will differ from yours as I live in the Middle-East. The basic idea is to put more air and fuel in the engine quicker and expell exhaust gases out faster. The FI will have to remaped by the dealer. My bike is an EU specs and the Cops are tolerant in my neck of the woods. Keep in mind that the bike will be much louder than stock (the airbox is replaced by straight induction torque tube). The upside is that the bike howls over 6,000 rpm and hits the 8,000 redline in 6th gear (I saw +/-112 mph on a good day). I haven't dynoed the the bike but expect a 10 HP gain if done correctly and with all the bits added. The other bit of kit that makes a difference is the steering stabilizer. It is worth fitting.

looks like a 500 deal, not bad really, in that parts list it shows a camshaft, don't you have to pull the engine apart to replace that, I live in a country called Texas, cops are pretty loose here too...Roost

I miss Texas. Used to live in Travis County. Apparently only the top of the engine has to come off. The workshop manager did seem to be agitated about the whole ordeal. He described it as a minor job. I love what it has done to the bike. It is like having a brand new bike. It won't transform it into an 1190 but the end result is a fun quick "light" bike. The only downside is the noise. I cannot drive discreetly around town. It draws attention and demands to be ridden hard.

well that's a good tradeoff, you wont be sneaking up on anybody lol, but at least you can just wheelie everywhere you go, keep mileage off that front tire. Travis Co huh, man that bike in Austin would be the bomb no doubt, I hear theres some nice trails around lake travis too...Roost

I found a dealer in Houston that has one left, he wants 12,200.00 out the door, don't that seem a bit high to yall, and why is my print so small...Roost

What rpm range does the cam affect? 

Edited by Maribo

It is most noticeable above 6000 rpm. It just screams until the red line. Almost like a 2 stroke.

My dealer in Houston had one left and wanted 12k, seems like ZR1 corvettes, they get all they can I guess