Sign in to follow this  

should i buy a 2000 rm250

I have a chance to buy a 2000 rm 250

I am looking to start racing track soon so I thought this would be a good chance the guy that is selling it said it is all torn apart right now so I would have to finish putting the bike back together therefore I have a few questions

the guy is asking 2000 for the bike he said nothing is wrong with the bike I know complete ones are selling for 2500 around here what would you suggest paying for it.

is it hard to put these 250 s back together

ive been into trail bikes for awhile so I know a fair bit about 4 strokes but not to much about 2 strokes Thanks

Tell him he'll get 700, MAX if ask the parts are proven to be there and in good condition

And ask why he took it apart to begin with

It is a 14 year old bike that is in pieces, the dude is smoking crack. That is a 400-500 dollar purchase, max. That bike in good shape with a moderate amount of hours (not in a box) is a 1700 dollar bike.

Edited by orangyktmthing
  • Like 1

I was thinking it was a little much for a box of parts Thanks guys for all your help I'm taking your advice and walking away from this one cheers what bike would you suggest for a starter 2 stroke for a 6 foot 160 lbs guy for track riding

I was thinking it was a little much for a box of parts Thanks guys for all your help I'm taking your advice and walking away from this one cheers what bike would you suggest for a starter 2 stroke for a 6 foot 160 lbs guy for track riding

125 or 250 .

you need to find the right one , not some POS that someone says " Just Rebuilt " .

Be patient and look around