Sign in to follow this  

2012 ktm 350xcf vs 2009 ktm 250xcf-w

Which would be better for woods racing? Both are set up identical with rekluse clutches. The 250 has a 280 big bore kit. I know the 350 would be a little better being a new model with fuel injection and everything else, but is it $1600 better? I am also going to be doing a little MX. And I'll be riding at the MX track a good bit for fun. But my main races are going to be woods. I'm also racing in the beginner class.

I'm torn between the two. Any advice is appreciated!

I love my 350. It's a 2012. I ride off-road and moto and it does both well to my liking. I'd get the 350. If you're gonna be riding woods, go up one tooth on the rear sprocket.

• Like 1

Sorry about the double post. But if you're planning in doing a bit of moto I think the 250's suspension would hold you back quite bit.

I don't really race any moto, but ride enough of it to practice and I'm really glad I got the xc instead of an xc-w.

Sorry about the double post. But if you're planning in doing a bit of moto I think the 250's suspension would hold you back quite bit.

I don't really race any moto, but ride enough of it to practice and I'm really glad I got the xc instead of an xc-w.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man. But what if the suspension has been revalved for my weight but for woods? Still hold me back on the track being a "w" model?

If you ride enough moto. Yeah, it would probably beat you up a bit. I think it's a good idea to get at least decent at moto if you're gonna be racing off-road. It'll make you quite a bit faster.

The Ws work awesome in the woods. But for racing and riding aggressively, I really think the xc-f is better suited.

The transmission is better suited for what you're looking for as well on the xc models. I think the W models are just too wide.