Sign in to follow this  

Tire pressure question

What is everyone putting their tires at?  I'm doing about 90% road riding.  Where should I be sitting at?

I set my pressure somewhere between 30 and 35 for street riding.  I never worry about being too accurate on pressure as long as it's in the ballpark.

Edited by ScottRNelson
  • Like 1

For off road, knarley trail riding, I currently have the rear at 9 psi. and the front at 12psi. 

the front has just enough to stop it from hitting the rim on those out of this world sharp edges that can jump out at you from no where. Plus, the tire curves around every other obsticle there is. knock on wood.... I have never encountered a flat while out on the trail.

As for the rear... well.... that thing will just hook, and throw the front wheel over anything I want it to, in any gear, I might add.....

Those pressures may seem real low to some, or maybe even most people, but it works for me. 

Also, I do have a 130/90 on the rear. plenty wider than stock. turned that bike into a completely different animal. Was just like getting on it for the 1st time again.....

Just sayin....

• Like 1