Sign in to follow this  

$30 dirt bike lift/stand from Harbor Freight

My stand tilts to the side now  :bonk: , basically useless, so I let my dad use it. 

So you're saying your dad figured out what you couldn't? :facepalm:

I paid extra and picked this up from Harbor Freight - I think it was $175 or so.. I got it about three years ago and still going strong. Seems well built!

image_12050.jpg

• Like 1

CousinLarry.... is that lift held up with a hydraulic valve?  Wouldn't it wear out the seals if left on for a long period of time?

that thing is a wiggly hunk o' junk. Good for storing the bike , but don't try working on your machine while its on that stand. it will end up on the floor.

• Like 1

I have one and always put the pin in  and it helps to lift a little on the seat.

I've had mine for 2 or three years now. Still working just fine.

Same thing here. I've had one for about two years. About a couple of months later, bought 3 more. The trick is putting it together right, use grease on all pivots, and make sure the bolts are secured with lock washers. Strong enough for my CR500 and YZ490, don't know why anyone would be having problems with theirs unless they put it together incorrectly. Best time to buy it is when Harbor Freight is having specials, I got all of mine on special for $19.99 + tax, so not really $30, more like $23 or $24. Best money I ever spent. :thumbsup::devil:

• Like 1

I paid extra and picked this up from Harbor Freight - I think it was $175 or so.. I got it about three years ago and still going strong. Seems well built!

image_12050.jpg

Notice the risers? Without them, you wouldn't have the height lift to get the bike off the ground. When these first hit the market, they were specifically for street bikes without the risers. Then people started buying them for dirt bikes and realized it didn't have the height lift. So word went back to China, and they included the risers to accommodate dirt bikes, but still, the risers aren't enough. I know this because my old lady bought one for me for my birthday, but what she didn't realize was it was for street bikes. I didn't have the heart to say anything to her, so I use it for other odd jobs around the garage. Works pretty good on my kids KX80, but anything with 15 inches of travel, it's just doesn't have the height. Now the other one that doesn't have a bottle, that one has a lot of life and makes working on your bike a pleasure. :devil:

Weird that you say it won't lift a dirt bike off the ground. I use it on my KTM 200, and my old KLX350, and it lifts both of them off the ground with a few inches to spare. And that's without the risers. Also, it doesn't rest on the hydraulic lift, you put a pin in and release the hydraulic once it is up to height. But it definitely gets it plenty off the ground to work on.

Edited by CousinLarry

The GOAT once said in an interview, if you don't have enough strength to lift your dirt bike onto a stand then you shouldn't be riding.

The GOAT once said in an interview, if you don't have enough strength to lift your dirt bike onto a stand then you shouldn't be riding.

sounds fair to me... i had the china freight POS and took it back... 

if you want cheap and half decent - tusk 

rmatv

I have one of those $30 HF stands.  I had to weld diagonal bracing between the vertical square tube and the plate the bike sits on.  That stiffened it up a bit but it still wobbles because there is play between the inner and outer vertical square tubes.  Some day I'll lay down a weld bead and grind it to fit snug.  If you watch their sales sometimes you can get that for $15.  

I only use HF for stuff with minimal to no moving parts

• Like 1