Sign in to follow this  

Crf150rb chain problem help!

I just bought a new renthal r1 chain. I bought the chain because the old 420 stretched out but I just put on the new chain and it's super loose still it as tight as possible and I'm positive it's the right size for the bike. I'm not sure what is wrong.

I just bought a new renthal r1 chain. I bought the chain because the old 420 stretched out but I just put on the new chain and it's super loose still it as tight as possible and I'm positive it's the right size for the bike. I'm not sure what is wrong.

you should replace sprockets at the same time
  • Like 1

What mxracermx said! Seriously, old sprockets will waste a new chain faster that you would believe.

Also, you didn't say whether you have an R or an RB. The R with stock sprockets (15/50) takes 120 links, which will be printed on the box. The RB with stock sprockets (15/56) takes 126 links, but all the boxes I've seen are 130 links and the chain will need to be cut to size.

Edited by Old Plonker

Yep - you will probably have to break the chain. Just did both of mine - you can break it with a chain breaker from Motion Pro, the old fashion way which is grinding the rivets off or throw your local shop $10.00 and they will break it for you.