Sign in to follow this  

Rmz250 in Alaska

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I've been on here. I used to ride motocross in Arizona but then a year Ago I upped and joined the army! Now I'm stationed in fairbanks Alaska and I miss my motorcycles dearly. So I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2013 rmz250 from a local dealership. Does anybody have any experience with this bike at all. I've only owned honda dirtbikes before and this will be my first brand new bike. It's a leftover year and when I talked to one of the salesman he said otd $5500. This is my first experience buying a new bike so I don't really know all the ins and outs. It seams like a good price to me for a brand new bike that's only a year or so old. Thanks for anyone that takes the time to read all my questions and respond I will appreciate any knowledge anyone has to share!

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I've been on here. I used to ride motocross in Arizona but then a year Ago I upped and joined the army! Now I'm stationed in fairbanks Alaska and I miss my motorcycles dearly. So I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new 2013 rmz250 from a local dealership. Does anybody have any experience with this bike at all. I've only owned honda dirtbikes before and this will be my first brand new bike. It's a leftover year and when I talked to one of the salesman he said otd $5500. This is my first experience buying a new bike so I don't really know all the ins and outs. It seams like a good price to me for a brand new bike that's only a year or so old. Thanks for anyone that takes the time to read all my questions and respond I will appreciate any knowledge anyone has to share!

Being in the military and all....... don't you get moved around alot?  As far as being stationed from places to places and when you're deployed? 

I wouldn't buy a brand new bike and then having to ship it to wherever it is the government decides I should go.  Just get a used cheap dirtbike and have fun with it, then sell it to get your money back whenever you're moving to another station.

I'm stuck in Alaska for 3 years in a non deploying unit so I'm not really going anywhere haha. I looked around for used bikes but there's not much of a selection otherwise I would be buying used

5k cash would probably get it,seen them for 52.I wouldn't miss all the fun over a few hundred.