Boots, are these decent?

First, you were complaining about your friend being a "jerk" to you because he lets you store your bike in his garage and gives you use permission to ride on his property....... and now you're complaining about him giving you free boots?  What an ungrateful friend you are.

• Like 2

My only problem with the tech 3s are that the buckles are just awful to use. Maybe all boots are like this and I need to get used to it??? Idk but one top buckle won't buckle and another one pops off anytime I go over bumps and stuff... Should I stick with the techs or no?

First, you were complaining about your friend being a "jerk" to you because he lets you store your bike in his garage and gives you use permission to ride on his property....... and now you're complaining about him giving you free boots?  What an ungrateful friend you are.

Yes, he complained that friend was a jerk, so friend "gave him the boot!"

LOL!  I am just so funny sometimes that it kills me!!!!!

• Like 1

My only problem with the tech 3s are that the buckles are just awful to use. Maybe all boots are like this and I need to get used to it??? Idk but one top buckle won't buckle and another one pops off anytime I go over bumps and stuff... Should I stick with the techs or no?

I've never had a problem with Alpinestar buckles on any Alpinestar boots, although that is one area of complaint that comes up from time to time here. Have you adjusted the length of the buckles? If one won't buckle it may be too tight. If the other won't stay buckled it may be too loose. Should be an easy fix. 

When I was a kid, I bought my own dirtbike, all my own gear, my own gas and oil and parts etc... worked on a farm bucking bales and running irrigation line starting at 12 yrs old so I could ride dirt bikes. I rode in steel toed work boots and my bike was old. Lot's of knowledgeable members on here also had to sacrifice a lot to ride when they were younger, and sacrifice a lot now so their kids can ride. You should know that traits such entitlement, complaining and ingratitude are very off putting to a lot of us. You will get more responses an more help if you cut those things from your posts. You are riding in free boots. Rather than complaining and being ungrateful, the post should say, 'I've got some tech 3's that a friend gave me. I'm really grateful to have boots at all, but I do have a question about them....."

You will have better success dealing with people in the future if you change your paradigm. 

Edited by Kenpo1
  • Like 1