Sign in to follow this  

Gas mileage...What should I be getting on my 95 XR650L

I have taken two trips and am only getting between 36/38 mpg.  Is that about right or what?

IMG_20140516_144055394.jpg

Edited by Firemedic309

I have taken two trips and am only getting between 36/38 mpg.  Is that about right or what?

That's pretty much what I get with mine.  With the 4.7 gallon Clarke tank I don't worry about it.

When zipping around town I'm getting 38mpg. On the road traveling from point A to B cruising at 50-60 mph I'm getting 58mpg

Rog

I am running 15/45 sprockets and have a 5.8 acerbic tank and this was over the road highway miles  getting right at 200 miles on a tank

Honda now lists the XR650L MPG on their website. http://powersports.honda.com/2014/xr650l/specifications.aspx

52 mpg is not unreasonable at all for normal highway riding at speeds below 60 mph. Obviously there are differences between city, highway and off road mpg.

My 1984 XL600R consistently gets in the mid 50's with a high right at 60 mpg. My XR650L didn't have trouble touching 50 if that was my main focus and I stuck to highways and avoided interstates.

The fuel economy keeps being brought up when it has been addressed time and time again, now it is finally on Honda's site and is accurate for a stock bike being rode in normal conditions.

My XR650L with a 4.7 tank had no problem going 200 miles on the main tank and it's the same with the 4 point whatever on the XL600R. On the XL I've been able to squeeze 220 miles out of the main tank before switching to reserve. Highway mileage in the 30's is what 1,000 pound touring bikes get.

It was mostly Interstate speeds of 65-70mph ...I am going on a 900 mile trip but will do most of it on county roads.   Hope to get a little better mpg out of it.