Sign in to follow this  

WR 250 Z 2 stroke?

There is a 1996 WR 250 Z two stroke for sale locally. The bike is super clean. I have been toying w/ the idea of having a 2 stroke for a trail play bike but don't need or want an MXer. Anyone have any comments on the powerband? I am not able to test ride the bike as it is for sale on consignment (insurance issues) thanks.

There is a 1996 WR 250 Z two stroke for sale locally. The bike is super clean. I have been toying w/ the idea of having a 2 stroke for a trail play bike but don't need or want an MXer. Anyone have any comments on the powerband? I am not able to test ride the bike as it is for sale on consignment (insurance issues) thanks.

Power delivery very similar to the 94 YZ250. I ride one and love it!

It had some serious balls, I will tell you that.  If you are easy with the throttle, and can modulate your right hand, it will be a great trail machine.  Nice plush suspension and good brakes.  Very stable at speed, although it can wear you down in the slow, technical sections.

I love mine, I just don't get to ride it as much as I would like.

• Like 1

I raced my brothers 2001 kx265 in a straight line....I beat him spinning the rear tire. These things hit...and hit hard. Throw a gnarly on and lug it in the woods, and it will still make your eyes water out in the open. I just put a longrod motor in this year, and it is legendary.

Great frame and suspension setup stock for trails riding. My bike is a wr250z frame with a '97 yz250 engine mounted up and I love it. As said before, it's the same engine as the yz, but the transmission is wider ratio than the track version of the same bike.