Sign in to follow this  

06 crf 450

Looking at an 06 very clean for 2400 bucks my question is there any major or minor problems with this year?

Nopee. Just check the frame and case for cracks. Oil filter for metal flakes if you wanna really tell how it's running.

The best year and bike I've ever owned. The best investment you can make on this bike is getting your suspension set up. It's a bit harsh in stock form. I also have a 2012 450R and even though it's my go to race bike, I always go back to my 06 for play riding because it's fun as hell to ride and will last forever as long as you check valves, change oil and clean your air-filter reguarly. Make sure to change the coolant to Engine Ice also.

Here's a pic of my 06.

photo 5.JPG

Diggla, did Fastheads do your head work? Did you like their service? Nice bike btw.

Appreciate. Yeah they ported it and did a TI full valve job n all. Yeah man they did a good job. Bike haul ass and I'm super satisfied with its output Edited by Diggla117

I used fast heads. Bike rips. 32 hours on head/valves and it still starts first kick nearly every time. I just rode a brand new yz450 and my old Honda felt faster.

• Like 1

I used fast heads. Bike rips. 32 hours on head/valves and it still starts first kick nearly every time. I just rode a brand new yz450 and my old Honda felt faster.

Funny you say that, my buddy with a new yami I let ride mine a week or two ago and he said "you can def tell yours is carbureted. It's like mine falls off up high in the rpms and yours just keeps pullin like a champ" haha yeahhh.. it sure does huh?!