Sign in to follow this  

Con rod kit for Honda cr250 2000?

Hi, i have to replace my Con rod and piston on my Cr250. But which con rod brand do i take? Wisco? Pro-x ? Or this one :

" PSYCHICH BRAND CONNECTING ROD REBUILD KIT.THESE ARE MADE AT OR BETTER THAN OEM SPECIFICATION.DONT BE FOOLED BY THOSE COMPLETE BOTTOM END REBUILD KITS,THESE ARE MADE MUCH BETTER AND WILL OUTLAST THEM.WILL FIT YEARS 1984-2001 HONDA CR250R. Brass Coated Surface Crank Pin: SCM-415 Chromoly Hardness RC 58-62 Rod SCM420 Chromoly Doble Honing On Both Bearing Holes Bearing SCM415 Chromoly With Silver Coating for added Heat Resistance"

Really hard to choose a good kit that will last long.... planing on gettin a pro-x or wisco piston.

Any advice is welcome! Thx

ProX  Made in japan and great quality for Hondas , Either way i would stick with a known brand not joes connecting rods .

• Like 1

Or buy a new crank cuz that's a tin sheild one. I used to rebuild those at a shop we had to burn the rod off with a torch to get the big in there and the when we went to true it you have to put a big steel ring around one side so you hit the ring instead of the tin pain in the ass!!!!! Haha

If you order crank bearings for that year honda from the dealership as i did for my 01' they will be KOYO bearings and KOYO bearings come in a PRO X box . So i would go Pro x for the hondas . Call this guy ask him what you get with a crank rebuild if he supplies parts. And 60 bucks is cheap for a crank rebuild ( labor ) . http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/prices.html

OEM is waaay to expensive!! F-that. I woulda spent over $550 just for PARTS to my KTM's OEM piston kit. Got a Vertex kit complete for $180 shipped online, it's the exact same piston.

OEM is safe but too much money.

Really? I have bought OEM from Revzilla for almost the same price as the crappy Wiseco/Hot Rod bottom end kits. I'll spend the extra money for reliability. This isn't a cheap sport ya know.