Sign in to follow this  

Freekin' helmets and goggles...argh!

As an expat who depends on mail order to get my moto stuff, sometimes I can be pretty unlucky with my purchasing choices. Currently I have a Bell SX-1 helmet and Thor goggles. The eye port is too small or the goggles too wide, but either way the goggles just don't seal well. If I were to try to alter the fit I think I'll just end up with an even worse situation. I sure would like to order something that will fit, but not having access to a helmet shop, I'm at a loss/

I guess what I'm asking for in this thread is if you have good fitting helmet and goggles, post it up. I'm mostly ambivalent about brand/cost at this point, just tell me what's working for you. Thanks!

Edited by 1200GS

Not sure what your problem is exactly, but for me it's the helmet pushing the goggles down so as to pinch my nose shut, and some will crowd my eyebrows too. 

I finally bought Spy youth goggles, which have a smaller frame and more clearance on all sides.

Other manufactures may make youth too.

• Like 1

Not sure what your problem is exactly, but for me it's the helmet pushing the goggles down so as to pinch my nose shut, and some will crowd my eyebrows too.

I finally bought Spy youth goggles, which have a smaller frame and more clearance on all sides.

Other manufactures may make youth too.

I have a set of Spy youth as well and really like them but I'm sure face shape has a lot to do with it.
  • Like 1

I'm running a Bell helmet and Scott goggles no problems, but everybody's head is shaped different.

• Like 2

OLHILBILLY, I'm looking at the Fly helmet (just in case goggles alone don't fix my problem), is the peak/bill on that Fly helmet as short as it looks in the photos?  The Bell helmet's peak is really long, nice for blocking sun.

Thanks!

Fly Racing and 100%. Best fitting helmet/goggle combo I've ever had. Also use a Scorpion VX34 with the 100%s, very good match as well.

Do ur goggles have that stupid plastic piece that clamps to the bottom of the goggles, that spreads the bridge of ur nose?? I had same issues with my Bell helmet and new Fox helmet, til my buddy (actually he's no friend now, he's a greedy fiendish prick) removed that plastic thing that works for some people I guess, and the Scott's NoSweats fit great now

Edited by LovingOffroadPain

No. They don't have that.  I looked them up, they're Thor Enemy goggles.  Kinda massive.  Those 100% with the outriggers look good, like the outriggers would clear the side of the helmet more so the actual goggles would sit a bit deeper. 

No. They don't have that. I looked them up, they're Thor Enemy goggles. Kinda massive. Those 100% with the outriggers look good, like the outriggers would clear the side of the helmet more so the actual goggles would sit a bit deeper.

My thor enemy goggles fit great with my fox v3, and my 661 flight helmets.

OLHILBILLY, I'm looking at the Fly helmet (just in case goggles alone don't fix my problem), is the peak/bill on that Fly helmet as short as it looks in the photos?  The Bell helmet's peak is really long, nice for blocking sun.

Thanks!

No, they're pretty much the same length as all the rest. Setting side by side with my Scorpion and both are the same.