Sign in to follow this  

Broken leg recovery

So I broke my leg (femur) about 2.5 months ago, I'm walking without crutches now. I was wondering what exercises people recommend to build muscle and be able to get back on the bike asap?

Thanks guys. 

Maybe that question would be best for your doctor?

I'm gonna go to a physico but was wondering if anyone had any exercises that worked the best for them

A good PT will come up with a plan for you based on different things. If you could get to a sports tilted PT office you can tel them what you are looking for as far as rehab goals. It's up to you to put in the work and it can be like torture. Don't poo poo deep tissue massage therapy if they offer it. It can help loosen muscles that have tightened up from lack of use.

Standing with weight, as in non-moving weight-bearing exercise!  Elderly people are getting their bones strengthened this way now.  You can stand in one spot, and the pressure is what triggers the bones to heal/increase density.  Cool stuff.

CO State used to be cutting edge when it came to sports med, but dunno if they still are or not, but the above tech worked fantastic for me, or should say still works:  If I cannot do a real workout some days, this is amazingly close.

Okay thanks guys i'll try the standing idea and I'm heading to a physico on Friday to get a rehab plan