Sign in to follow this  

Trx250ex no start!?

I bought a 2005 250ex the other day and it needed a few things but i payed 750$ , i got there and the guy started it on starter fluid so ran a little high but it ran. I brought it home cleaned the carb and i cant get it to run. It is getting spark and has plenty of compression , valves were dead on spec and its getting fuel into the carb, i cant even get it to start on starting fluid now . I can spray all day and it cranks and cranks and nothing!?? Help please i just wana ride

I would start by getting a new plug and replacing the pilot jet. You could clean it but they are only a couple dollars and if its got buildup you will have issues. Make sure the intake is nice and tight and isn't sucking air.

750 is a good price. I hope there aren't any hidden issues.

But shouldnt it start on starting fluid even if carb is bad? Could a bad cdi be causing spark at wrong time?

The ether could foul the plug. The plug will tell the story a little better

Valves im pretty sure about i put to tdc and they were very tight so i spun the motor around to tdc again and booth valves were at .005 , i pulled the spark plug and tip was just barely wet