Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rider

Just read the Dirt Rider 2014 Enduro machines first ride, is that what you are talking about?

Which I had not read prior, I was pleasantly surprised that they gave major Kudos to the 450RR. I mean I know it's kinda under appreciated by many, looming in the shadows of the 498/520. But cool read....

• Like 1

No it is in the July issue. It's an article about what size bike makes the best off road. 300 2 stroke was the winner (they tested the Husky TE300). 1st runner up was 350 4 stroke ( they tested the Beta 350 RR)

It was more about what class of bike makes the best off-roader rather than any particular bike but they had good things to say about the 350

• Like 1

If I were to get another 4stk, I'd like a 350RR for sure.

I'd like a whole bunch of bikes.. so many  to choose from.. I'd like a 350rr too... along with a new 498rr/520 RS. ..but I  do like the whole Beta line. It's sort of the way that the power , hookup and handling blend well together.. smooth and torquey... just easy to ride.  It might be fun to get a radical mx bike for fun too.. but I'm liking this kind of power and riding better these days. I can just go faster and with less effort..

• Like 1

No it is in the July issue. It's an article about what size bike makes the best off road. 300 2 stroke was the winner (they tested the Husky TE300). 1st runner up was 350 4 stroke ( they tested the Beta 350 RR)

It was more about what class of bike makes the best off-roader rather than any particular bike but they had good things to say about the 350

Did they talk about the big bore 4 strokes? .. the ktm 500's, Beta 498 rr and that class?.. because the big bores are easy to ride too.. I mean you can be lazy on a big bore and they are smooth and easy AND have lots more whenever needed. See now I'm interested and have to go look at mags at walmart now .. :ride:

They had 5 classes (listed in order that they rated them):

1st: 300 2 Stroke (Husky TE 300 Tested)

2nd: 350 4 Stroke (Beta 350RR Tested)

3rd: 250 2 Stroke (KTM 250 XC Tested)

4th: 450 4 Stroke (Yamaha WR450 Tested)

5th: 250 4 Stroke ( Honda 250CRF-X Tested)

So it was an article with much generalization.  In the 450 part they did mention that the KTM 450 XC-F and Beta 450 RR make wicked enduro race machines.  

You can get Dirt Rider digitally, that's how I get it.  Think they said something about they didn't test big bores because of doing a test with 450s and they being not much different?  Not sure the exact wording.