Sign in to follow this  

older xr suspension tuning

so i took my 86 xr200r out last weekend and i absolutely love it! the only thing i would change would be the suspension set up, i love to jump, noting to big yet, but a couple footers are where im at now. i noticed that when i would jump the front end would always land first and it kinda freaked me out, i tried every different approach (more throttle, less throttle, more/less speed, weight distribution etc.) and it was still the same story, off any jump too. even when i pop off roots, the front goes up but then when its the back wheels turn it goes flying up and almost knocks me off, is it just because its an xr? or is my tuning whack. PS there the air shocks up front and the piggy back with a click-able tuner on the rear.

also what are some opinions about swapping a more modern front fork onto the bike, like off a cr125-250 fork, ive seen the conversion chart for this bike and there's lots of options! and yes i understand that i would need the front wheel and front brake as well, and different sized headtube bearings.