Sign in to follow this  

Which throttle cam to buy?

Has anyone had any experience with throttle cams? Or has any ever seen a cheap alternative? I'm trying to tame down the throttle on my KTM 200 MXC, I don't have a problem with it except for going off jumps I have a tendency to pull back a tad bit on the throttle on a tad bit is everything.. So any ideas? This is my first post on so if I'm in the wrong section please feel free to tell me, hello and thanks in advance!

I use the Motion Pro throttle kit , it comes with different size pulleys , so you can have a Slow or Very quick throttle action .

May be I need to look n to those. Not for power loss. But I'm used to 1/4 throttle. And my yz450 goes a little further back. So I don't twist it back far enough sometimes

I have a G-2 on my 200. Helps with exactly what you're talking about.

Depending on the year, he might just be able to turn the tube to next setting.

I'm amazed at how many KTM owners don't know that about the 2t's.

• Like 1

Depending on the year, he might just be able to turn the tube to next setting.

I'm amazed at how many KTM owners don't know that about the 2t's.

Do you want a picture of the throttle on the on the bar or do I need to start taking it apart? I got this bike about a week or two ago. It's a 2003 KTM 200 MXC. 

• Like 1

zoi0q0.jpg

If you take it apart, it should have the changeable barrel.

Basically remove the cable, take bolts out of the housing, remove the barrel, it should have 2 spots for the cable to hook in, you will notice one ramp is steep, one is gradual. Put it back to gradual setting.

Steep is almost 1/4 turn, gradual should be 3/4 or so.

That should cure the issue.

I've changed some of my ktms around without even taking the guards off. Usually the housings come apart in two pieces around the throttle barrel.

So tear into it and see what you got. They also offer different wheels for the cable. Just FYI.

If you take it apart, it should have the changeable barrel.

Basically remove the cable, take bolts out of the housing, remove the barrel, it should have 2 spots for the cable to hook in, you will notice one ramp is steep, one is gradual. Put it back to gradual setting.

Steep is almost 1/4 turn, gradual should be 3/4 or so.

That should cure the issue.

I've changed some of my ktms around without even taking the guards off. Usually the housings come apart in two pieces around the throttle barrel.

So tear into it and see what you got. They also offer different wheels for the cable. Just FYI.

Tore it all down to find there wasn't more than one setting on the tube, then didn't realize what my setting was so I had to go back and make sure that was right, still not totally sure I'm on the money, this is my first 2 stroke and I've had it like a week, so I'm not certain how it should sound, any tips? I think I got it, just want to make sure.

Need to get one like the right. Or one in between, what ever is available.

the bigger the cable ramp, the quicker it revs out. They do make a few aftermarket products with changeable ends.

Need to get one like the right. Or one in between, what ever is available.

the bigger the cable ramp, the quicker it revs out. They do make a few aftermarket products with changeable ends.

Yeah, I was just seeing if anyone had any other options or experiences with any other products, do you think this would work withmy bike? -

http://www.scooterdomain.com/ncy-throttle-tube-alloy-orange-cam-type-universal-by-ncy-0800-1067.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwtOGbBRDx1dn6kqySxG0SJABQGZswtRuilwGCLTpJuvVsjy-qH43pipFQCpZ-iw2q1uIOAfD_BwE

Yeah, I was just seeing if anyone had any other options or experiences with any other products, do you think this would work withmy bike? -

http://www.scooterdomain.com/ncy-throttle-tube-alloy-orange-cam-type-universal-by-ncy-0800-1067.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwtOGbBRDx1dn6kqySxG0SJABQGZswtRuilwGCLTpJuvVsjy-qH43pipFQCpZ-iw2q1uIOAfD_BwE

Idk, cable may be too long.???

Idk, cable may be too long.???

Yeah, you're probably right, I just wonder if I could just switch tubes out and use the same housing.

Edited by KTMin

I was thinking something more like this.

Yeah, that would be good, I think the one I showed you is basically the same thing with different settings am I right? I might just go with the G2, I just want something that will take jumps easier, or land.

• Like 1