Sign in to follow this  

Updates.

Hey guys I have done a few home made mods. Fans on radiators out of my old G5 tower (sprayed liberally with water retardant) I will have a low profile switch next to the front break perch. I ran a test and I get 2 hours continual running off the battery so it will last all day just using it for 5mim spurts. The overflow tank cost $25 bucks second Hand on eBay. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400306096.564427.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400305972.954261.jpgand over flow tank. Have ordered the Zstart pro but won't be here until Monday and then I am on tour for a month dam it.

There a specific reason you put the fan Infront of the fins instead of behind the radiator? Not trying to rain on parade but oversized radiators are only 60-80 bucks and look great, that can be your plan B

I have to wonder how much actual cooling that PC fan will accomplish? I have a high end pc/server that I built and I have 8 of those fans in the case so I know exactly what they are. My fans are high end and they produce 95 CFM.  I just can't see those fans pushing/pulling enough volume for a much needier platform like a combustion engine but I could be wrong.

Edited by mrmoto35

Air flow is significant an they are only temporary until I get the over sized rads which coupled with the overflow will be all that I need. Was just something I saw and gave ago. In saying that if I had of know I wouldn't be riding for more than a month I would not have done it. Fun experiment though

• Like 1

Lol those bigger rads should solve all your cooling issues and if they don't then I'd send the ecu to Eddie. On another note your going to love the z-start mannnnn. I won't own a bike without one!

The fan would probly stop more air flowing thru the rad being on the front. Is it water proof? I have the oversized rads and use thicker oil and have had no problems with overheating compared to the stock rads. 09 crf 450

Would love to send ECU to Eddie but I am in Oz. Will look for someone local though.

I'm in oz, got mainmoto to remap my ecu $100 best price I could find and was quick turn around.

Looks terrible, not soundly installed, and won't last.

The fan needs to be on the back!

One mud puddle, one rock, one dusty day, and that fan is toast,....not to mention it's not attached to anything! Those louvers are not structural, and will collapse and release on the first jump.

Yes mate tough crowd but good to listen to. I have learnt heaps on TT and if you see some of the other posts in here they are going easy :)