Sign in to follow this  

What's a good entry level knee protection

First off. My budget is under 80$. I'm riding track but no racing so I won't be doing anything beyond my ability. I'm looking mainly for comfort and basic protection that isn't too bulky. I was looking at the leatt 3DF knee guards. Yes in the future probably next month I will be investing in some knee braces. Then I'll be asking for comfort levels of some braces. I'm thinking asterisk so far.

Buy the cheapest thing you can find that covers you knee and shin. At that level plastic is plastic. Save your cash for a good set of braces.

Option knee protectors from EVS are decent and cheap. Far cry from a brace but better than nothing.

Edited by uuc328

Option knee protectors from EVS are decent and cheap. Far cry from a brace but better than nothing.

Buy the cheapest thing you can find that covers you knee and shin. At that level plastic is plastic. Save your cash for a good set of braces.

thanks I went with fox titan pro

Bubble wrap ? 

• Like 1

I wear the 3df's and I like them a lot. They have saved my knees several times!

II'm looking for knee protectors myself........... because everytime I'm around and near "mL26", I get weak in the knees.  :(:p

On a serious note, are knee protectors uncomfortable and awkward to ride on dirt bikes?  Or does it depend on the band?

I went with fox titan sports. I just got done riding and I have to say I feel more confident and don't realize they are there. Maybe cause I wore kneepads in the military so much. But they serve their purpose. I don't get why it has shin guards when my boots go so far up.

I used bottom of the line Fox pads for a long time. About $12.99 retail. I bought some Alpinestar Bionic pads for around $160 and hated them. I went right back to the $13 Fox pads lol. If you're just looking for pads, they're not a bad buy at all.

'Fly 5 Pivot' for me. Under 80$. Comfortable with long socks. Felt weird first ride, don't even notice them now. More confident riding with better protection. I looked at the 20 to 30 dollar range but they seemed like garbage to me.

I have the Thor Force Knee guards and they work well. Takes a ride or two to get them broken in but after that they are good.