2015 rmz250

Yesterday suzuki anounced 2015 rmz250,rmz450 and rm85. Some really good changes come on the rmz450. Rmz250 didn't get any updates or revisions. This good and bad to me. The current rmz250 is a really good bike. It will be interesting to see how the new 3 chamber air fork that is on the 450 will be. By the looks of it,its the same expensive fork the factory is using minus the coating. Sure some internals may have been cheapened to mass production..hopefully not. Air forks need precision. The 450 addressed some starting issues that the 250 could have used. Thee other change was launch control and cooling system like the 250 currently uses.

The good news for you guys on 13/14's, you should be able to retrofit to SFF Air's before long. I'm sure they will be selling upgrade kits (internals) so you'll have air before long and save some weight too. The downside is having to measure the pressure in all the chambers. It's a PIA.

But yes, I was also hoping for at least some changes to the 250. The good news is that mine still runs good thanks to Slowdg's recomedation on the detent assembly. That change, plus a HDMoto shifter has been stellar!

• Like 1

I still haven't gotten the detent spring or the shifter,but they are on my list. Very happy with my 13 rmz250. On the track,not much more I could ask of it and after the vortex ecu it has been easy to start and powerful.

• Like 1

I just don't get it the 450 has a great engine the 250 has had just minor changes the port comes in @ a greater angle on the 450 than the 250 there now falling behind with yamahas new release and a down draft port every other 250 f has a semi down draft ports .they could have eazly fixed it with in there current frame. The angle of the port is costing them @ least 2 hp in a moded engine .I was hoping for more from them for 2015.

I just don't get it the 450 has a great engine the 250 has had just minor changes the port comes in @ a greater angle on the 450 than the 250 there now falling behind with yamahas new release and a down draft port every other 250 f has a semi down draft ports .they could have eazly fixed it with in there current frame. The angle of the port is costing them @ least 2 hp in a moded engine .I was hoping for more from them for 2015.

Time to fab the 13 kawi head to fit the Rmz bottom end. Sure looks like it would work!

• 2 months later...

What are these detent spring upgrades that I keep hearing about....and z-10 pro...?

Detent spring and the factory pro roller bearing arm greatly improve shifting on the RMZ. That combined with a +10mm shifter lever and a heavier weight oil (20w50) it shifts perfect. Cheap and noticeable improvement to performance.

Not sure on the Z-10

• Like 1

Ok so could you explain or PM me exactly what is needed and what I am to do As I have the bike still apart and would like ot make this upgrade if possible. mine is the 2013 rmz250

You'll need to remove the clutch basket to replace the shift arm and spring. Factory pro.com has a decent write up with pics for the procedure and you can probably find a youtube vid. You'll need new gasket for the inner clutch cover. The whole process is pretty easy and takes about 60-90 minutes. As always, check the manual and use a torque wrench. Depending on the amount of hours and how you ride you might want to replace your plates, throw out bearing, etc. while you are in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just bought a 2015 rmz 250 ,with about 2 hours ride time on it, have to say, I love it so far!

It looks like the 2015 is a carbon copy of the 14, does that mean I can go ahead and buy a Yoshimura RS-4D? Or do I need to wait until the '15 model comes out? From what I can tell the bikes are the exact same.. Thanks!

Hey guys, I just bought a 2015 rmz 250 ,with about 2 hours ride time on it, have to say, I love it so far!

It looks like the 2015 is a carbon copy of the 14, does that mean I can go ahead and buy a Yoshimura RS-4D? Or do I need to wait until the '15 model comes out? From what I can tell the bikes are the exact same.. Thanks!

99.9% sure it's exactly the same as 2013-2014.

Why not get the suspension setup for you first?

• Like 1

Why not get the suspension setup for you first?

Why not ride it first and see if dropping a grand on a revalve and respiring is all about ? 

OP can set rear sag and then do fork sag with the pre load adjuster on the right fork leg. Very nice feel, although if you are out of range on these settings then you would look towards doing the suspension. If you are a beginner i would just ride it for a while and see where your type of riding is going be.

If you want that super sick pipe go for it. I love my rs4 it looks sick.

Why not ride it first and see if dropping a grand on a revalve and respiring is all about ?

OP can set rear sag and then do fork sag with the pre load adjuster on the right fork leg. Very nice feel, although if you are out of range on these settings then you would look towards doing the suspension. If you are a beginner i would just ride it for a while and see where your type of riding is going be.

If you want that super sick pipe go for it. I love my rs4 it looks sick.

?