Sign in to follow this  

Riding the dunes

I'm interested in going to the dunes. I have a yz250 and I'm 15 years old. I have ridden the dunes before but it was on a quad. How do I control the dirtbike in soft sand. And what should My body position be on the bike

your air pressure in your tires needs to be lowered. Personally I run about 4 psi front and back. your body position is going to change constantly just like any other terra. Lots of throttle and a nervous clutch hand helps a lot  also. Sand is soft so momentum is your friend. Just go for it and have fun.

depending on where you go a paddle can be the way to go. If i do run a knobbie I go 10 psi in the front and 8 in the rear if there aren't any rocks. With rocks 12 and 12 psi. There is too much to explain as far as riding it goes. Go play around, you will figure a lot of it out your self, when you figure out what you want to work on that is when you should come back with questions.

That's weird because one of them is about body position and another it about clutch and one is about picking a bike??? There actually not identical?? @sandlvr69

That's weird because one it about tire pressure one is about what kind of bike one it about ride height so???