Sign in to follow this  

Is this "waterproof grease"?

It does t specify anywhere on the can. And i dont believe qdvanced auto had any that said waterproof grease. I was using this for the axles in my front and rear tires but idk if i should regrease with "waterproof" grease. Thanks

1400355388881.jpg

It does t specify anywhere on the can. And i dont believe qdvanced auto had any that said waterproof grease. I was using this for the axles in my front and rear tires but idk if i should regrease with "waterproof" grease. Thanks

My internet/ Thumpertalk auto loading adds wouldn't let me open your picture, but most of the time "water resistant" grease is green in. Color. All grease is basically water resistant to some extent so on the DRZ I'm thinking you will be fine. Its on ships and submarines where the water resistance means life and death

If you already used it it will be fine. I finally opened the file and it is a multi purpose chassis grease so they do intend it to see water. If you want true " water wash resistant grease"  you can find it in any boat section at wallyworld or other stores that cater to boating. Unless you plan to take your bike boating I would just leave what you have in there. The one thing about grease is if you change types you need to remove s much of the old as possible. Some greases don't mix good.

• Like 1

+ 1 on the Bel-ray waterproof grease.. great stuff.!   :thumbsup:

I've been using Bel-Ray waterproof grease for years.. never had any axle corrosion or a bearing problem yet.

• Like 1

Any marine grease would work

But while the DRZ can be a tank sometimes, it's not a boat. :rolleyes:

But while the DRZ can be a tank sometimes, it's not a boat. :rolleyes:

Shoot .. I dunno .. Have you seen some of the vids posted on here sometimes

Some treat it like a Boat , the DRZ will sink like one ...lol

Shoot .. I dunno .. Have you seen some of the vids posted on here sometimes

Some treat it like a Boat , the DRZ will sink like one ...lol

Dam, :facepalm: I forgot about that clown who drowned his SM and almost him self.

• Like 1