Sign in to follow this  

Listening to music while riding......

Does anyone listen to music while riding?  I know they make blue tooth for the full face helmets, but what about dirtbike helmets? 

And are you even allowed to listen to music if you are racing and competing in an event?  Good tunes can really pump you up..... and possibly give you that extra adrenaline to push yourself more.

Not opposed to it, but never tried it. I don't think i'd want the distraction?

• Like 4

Hearing the track marshals is overrated anyway.... When they start jumping up and down and waving yellow flags it means you're totally ripping and should go faster.

When its chequered it means that the race is over and now you have practice laps with the next class.

• Like 3

Not opposed to it, but never tried it. I don't think i'd want the distraction?

Agreed, but I get pumped up listening in the gym. I literally envision my most intense riding moments while running or lifting, I can feel the epinephrine surging my bloodstream. It's awesome. But--I dunno how it'd work on the bike.

I don't think I would in a racing environment. But out on the trails definitely

I don't need to the last song I've heard loops through my mind until I hear another.I can usually plant a song in my head by thinking about it.

When I'm in a race the music stops along with all the other mental committee meetings. 

Studies have shown that listening to music while doing strenuous activities such as dirtbiking can actually work against you....The rhythm of the music can actually change the way you perform your activity making you slower...

I don't see a problem with it in the woods but if I remember right in the late 70's I was listening to Van Halen Running with the Devil on a Sony Walkman and almost crossed a train track with a train coming. I never heard the whistle or horn but caught it out of the side of my vision. I was young and dumb then....Now I'm old and stupid. A lot of my friends do ride on the road with I pods but not me.  

• Like 2

I ride with or without. Helps with practice laps but don't like it while racing. Ear plugs work good too. Helps take the exterior sounds and other bikes away so you can focus entirely on yourself

• Like 1

I don't need to the last song I've heard loops through my mind until I hear another.I can usually plant a song in my head by thinking about it.

When I'm in a race the music stops along with all the other mental committee meetings. 

Hahha this is so true, unfortunately I'm not in control of the radio on the way to tracks so it's always some awful chart song that loops round. End up riding harder just to try and drown it out.

Dirt biking with headphones is awesome. Just don't be blaring them, gotta hear your surroundings

• Like 1

Does anyone listen to music while riding? I know they make blue tooth for the full face helmets, but what about dirtbike helmets?

And are you even allowed to listen to music if you are racing and competing in an event? Good tunes can really pump you up..... and possibly give you that extra adrenaline to push yourself more.

Seriously kid, do you know what the search function is?

I think trail riding it could be amazing. Racing, hell no. Even track practice is say no because you need (I need) to hear the engine. It messes me up even when other bikes drown out mine.