Sign in to follow this  

FS: XR650L JE Pistons 11.25:1 102mm piston

Pulled a 11.25:1 102mm piston out of the XR650L a while back and I don't plan on using it so maybe someone else would like it. Might work for an NX650, but you'll need to contact JE for that. 

$100 +shipping of your choice. 

00c0c_lKGhFYLLNF_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kZ1YKCwZUvJ_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_d3tF20OXII1_600x450.jpg

00505_4KSF7ogZPCu_600x450.jpg

Detonation?????????? is that why you pulled it??

i`m running that exact piston...with the megacycle cam i don`t get a lot of detonation,,but do get some,tons of torque though :thumbsup:

B

Detonation?????????? is that why you pulled it??

i`m running that exact piston...with the megacycle cam i don`t get a lot of detonation,,but do get some,tons of torque though :thumbsup:

B

What octane fuel is available in your area? Don't forget, he's in California.

Brian,

This has been a long project (2 years this May), but originally when I bought the bike the PO never said anything about an oversized piston so I bought one in preparation of upgrading once I got in the motor. The bike is also getting a HotCam so I didn't want to bump the compression higher than the 10.5 anyhow so I don't get lot of complaints from either the starter or California 91/Pemex "Rojo" gas.

The 11.25-1 JE piston.....in reality.. works out to just below 10.5-1 actual compression ratio..

Basically almost all advertised compression ratios for aftermarket pistons for these engines cannot be trusted..

Even at 10.5-1 actual compression,,it spark knocks to some degree,,the wilder the cam,,more overlap......the better,it decompresses the cylinder..

If a person can get 93 octane he`s probably good......i can only get 91 octane here..

In really hot weather i get more detonation,then i run 2 liters Toluene in 4 gallons 91 octane pump gas to quell the detonation..

When i rebuild again....i`ll resleve and go no more than 9.5-1 or so..

B

Yup...........

DO NOT USE THOSE BLUE DISPOSABLE PAPER TOWELS anywhere near these engines on a rebuild.......i`ve warned,,people forget.engines get nuked...

They shred all to hell on the rough interior castings......and at start up the fibers end up being washed off with oil and pumped to the frame downtube screen.. looking like thick dryer lint..or belly button lint :lol:  :lol:

Dryer lint in the screen at 1/4 inch thick.....doesn`t like to let oil flow through at high rpm....

nuff said..

Blue disposable Scott towels..bike engines =  meltdown..

:devil:

B

Edited by brianhare