Sign in to follow this  

SpeedoDRD install

OK, maybe there's a post about this already, but someone want to post a picture of which plug is the correct one? That'd help A LOT haha. I'm finally getting around to installing all this stuff I bought for it since I can't ride it today. Thanks in advance.

gnath9, I'll get to ride the new suspension tomorrow. I know you're waiting haha. Wife twisted knee at gym last night and is all hobbled up. Didn't feel like leaving her alone. Tomorrow for sure though.

• Like 1

Ramz's site is where I went for info when installing mine. He has plenty of pics there.

• Like 1

Ramz's site is where I went for info when installing mine. He has plenty of pics there.

Ugh, I'm about ready to quit and throw it away lol. I can't figure out which plug it is to save my life. Every YouTube video just points towards the bike and shows the "after" shot but none of them single which plug it is exactly. Ramsey's says to remove evap canister, but I can't even do that without removing my entire exhaust system. Geeze, can this be any more of a pain?

• Like 1

goat

its under the intake boot befor the throttle body

go to the left side rear of gas tank where the side panel meets the tank ( remove left side panel)

theres a bunch of 4 wire harnes connectors with a black sleeve over them.

remove a few tie wraps to loosen the harnesses then disconnect the 4 connectors in the sleeve

let those drop our of the way and then you can access the speedo connector

its attached to a frame crossmember

just reach in with a finger and push down on the top of the connector and tug the harness to release

then connect up the DRD and reverse to button things up.

edit: you cant see the plug untill you move the black sleeve over the harness connectors

it worked for me, in ten minutes I was done

Edited by Ducky Dog
  • Like 6

goat

its under the intake boot befor the throttle body

go to the left side rear of gas tank where the side panel meets the tank ( remove left side panel)

theres a bunch of 4 wire harnes connectors with a black sleeve over them.

remove a few tie wraps to loosen the harnesses then disconnect the 4 connectors in the sleeve

let those drop our of the way and then you can access the speedo connector

its attached to a frame crossmember

just reach in with a finger and push down on the top of the connector and tug the harness to release

then connect up the DRD and reverse to button things up.

edit: you cant see the plug untill you move the black sleeve over the harness connectors

it worked for me, in ten minutes I was done

Thank you! That was an EXCELLENT write up. Worked like a charm and was pretty easy after reading that.

EDIT: only thing I did different was I didn't undo the plugs in that big bundle in the sleeve. Once I removed the bundle from the tie that held them together, it was enough to hold out of way with left hand while right finger worked it's way in to undo. I have long fingers though, so that's probably why I was able to reach.

Edited by Old Goat Ninja
  • Like 4