Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen super cooler

Anybody running one? Do they actually work? Thinking about picking one up. I boiled over twice on the gate today. Odd thing is that this is the first time I have ever lost a drop of coolant. Running OS rads, silicone hoses, engine ice, and a HP rad cap already. 

BDubb,

I have a Boyesen Super cooler on my 09 450R with a 1.1 (and 1.6) radiator cap. The bike has never boiled over or puked coolant out of the overflow line since installing it. The Boyesen impeller is significantly larger than the OEM impeller, which makes me believe it flows more water volume than the stock version. I'm also running oversized radiators and engine ice, so it's hard for me to say for certain that the Boyesen super cooler is doing all the work.

However, I would not hesitate to spend my money on a Boyesen super cooler again in a heart beat. 

Hope this helps.

F1

0225141609a-1.jpg

0225141612c.jpg

1208131430a.jpg

1221131323.jpg

0908131423.jpg

0908131425.jpg

0908131425a.jpg

0908131428.jpg

• Like 2

BDubb,

I have a Boyesen Super cooler on my 09 450R with a 1.1 (and 1.6) radiator cap. The bike has never boiled over or puked coolant out of the overflow line since installing it. The Boyesen impeller is significantly larger than the OEM impeller, which makes me believe it flows more water volume than the stock version. I'm also running oversized radiators and engine ice, so it's hard for me to say for certain that the Boyesen super cooler is doing all the work.

However, I would not hesitate to spend my money on a Boyesen super cooler again in a heart beat. 

Hope this helps.

F1

Thanks a lot! That is what I wanted to hear. Sounds like we have the exact same set up save the Supercooler. That is the only variable. That is enough for me to give it a shot. If it does not work it will at least add additional bling to the bike. lol I just didn't wanna throw $200 at a piece that gives no benefits over stock.

Have a full Hinson on the shelf as well. Just waiting for the stocker to need replaced before I throw it in.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! That is what I wanted to hear. Sounds like we have the exact same set up save the Supercooler. That is the only variable. That is enough for me to give it a shot. If it does not work it will at least add additional bling to the bike. lol I just didn't wanna throw $200 at a piece that gives no benefits over stock.

Have a full Hinson on the shelf as well. Just waiting for the stocker to need replaced before I throw it in.

You can't go wrong with the Boyesen cooler, it's worth the cost hands down.

Also, I have a full Hinson BTL slipper clutch in my 09 now and love it. Provides that old 2-stroke feel when off the throttle, very little (if any) engine braking/drag, and no rear wheel hop going into tight turns. The BTL provides better traction out of the gate by design. I've used Hinson 6-Springs for years, and currently have a brand new Hinson 6-Spring system in the box on a shelf. However, I plan to stick with the Hinson BTL for a while.

Definitely stick with the OEM clutch until it needs replacing, then install that Hinson clutch you have on the shelf. You will never go back to the OEM clutch once you've used a Hinson.!

Ride safe my friend.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with the Boyesen cooler, it's worth the cost hands down.

Also, I have a full Hinson BTL slipper clutch in my 09 now and love it. Provides that old 2-stroke feel when off the throttle, very little (if any) engine braking/drag, and no rear wheel hop going into tight turns. The BTL provides better traction out of the gate by design. I've used Hinson 6-Springs for years, and currently have a brand new Hinson 6-Spring system in the box on a shelf. However, I plan to stick with the Hinson BTL for a while.

Definitely stick with the OEM clutch until it needs replacing, then install that Hinson clutch you have on the shelf. You will never go back to the OEM clutch once you've used a Hinson.!

Ride safe my friend.  :thumbsup:

Yea I have Hinsons in all of my other bikes. The things just wear like iron.

Been running them on past few bikes along with ASV tank blanket and pressure cap. No Issues so far with boil over.

• Like 1

consider swapping over to Evans waterless coolant, it doesn't boil therefor cant build pressure. Boil over is literally impossible.

Nice bike F1. That thing is so crisp it brings a tear to my eye.....your in good company with our boy Dubbs!

Edited by mikerides33

Nice bike F1. That thing is so crisp it brings a tear to my eye.....your in good company with our boy Dubbs!

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback on my 09... the wife calls it "Big Red." I'm very proud of it, lots of work and $$ invested. The thing totally rips.!

Dubbs and I seem to be cut from the same cloth.. he likes Hinson clutches, so he has to be a great guy.!  :thumbsup: 

Ride safe.

F1 

0420141431.jpg

0420141431a.jpg

• Like 2