Does Anyone Have One of These?

I am ready for a new bike.  My 2008 Husqvarna TE510 is getting hard to find parts for and is too heavy for the riding I like (single track mountains).  I bought a 2000 Gas Gas 280 TXT to try it out and I have been having fun on it.  A KTM 300 XC-W sounds good but is still 225 lbs. with a 37.8" seat height, but KTM parts and mechanics are readily available.  However, I am really interested in this:

2014-Beta-Evo-Sport-300-2-Stroke-Wallpap

A Beta Evo Sport 300CC two stroke, with long distance tank and a seat.  This baby is only 149 lbs. with a seat height of 32"!  And the seat and extra tank comes off in a couple of minutes for a little trials bike riding.  I am digging the fact I can touch the ground in all conditions, that is one reason I have dropped the Husky as many times as I have.  Does anyone have one of these to give a little feedback on the motor and how it is holding up?  Please type a few words with your thoughts.  Thanks for the input.

Here is a link to the Beta stats:  http://motorcycles-prices.com/2014-beta-evo-sport-300-2-stroke-price-and-specifification.html

And the KTM stats:  http://www.ktm.com/us/enduro/300-xc-w-usa/highlights.html#.U3gJuPldVws

• Like 2

Know anything about trials bikes? Trials, not trails. The magicians of motorcycles, built for function.

Mike

Sure...... them v-shaped bikes that climbs over boulders and logs and clowns and stuff.  I don't get that sport, like how it ican be fun without speed.  But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Sure...... them v-shaped bikes that climbs over boulders and logs and clowns and stuff.  I don't get that sport, like how it ican be fun without speed.  But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Yes, but some enjoy it ALL!

Mike

I just rode a '14 300 evo. First time on a trials bike. So much fun, and I know a lot of guys with them and they are solid. The importer is in my hometown so there are a ton. You can't go wrong a beta. My buddy said he was super surprised at how many miles he gets out of the stock tank, but still has the seat on order

That's what I am talking about!  This bike has the best of both worlds and is ultra light.  In the woods, you are constantly going over downed trees and rocks!  Wish I could rent one for a day or two before dropping close to $9000 to own one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is similar to my OSSA for type of use. Except the Explorer is easily street legal in Washington.

I find it fantastic for trails. You have to ride it differently, but can keep,a pretty good pace going if you want. I hate it on the whoops ( I didn't like the whoops on my KTM either).

I've seen a number of Betas around, they look good and I have not heard anything bad.

I really like the light weight and ability on nasty trails. Mine runs 100:1 oil (mains are reported to be lubed by trans oil), injected, converted to the TR model I about 15 minutes.

Looks like the Beta is a bit more focused, less creature comforts. But I never use the seat anyway unless I mess up or on the street.

I'd ditch the knobbies and put good trials tyres on it.

Mark