Sign in to follow this  

Everybody's two cents?

I'd like some input, I bump around on a 2000 kx 250 and love the bike. It's a good fit for my size .

Here's what I need , I rode a crf 450 and I must say WOW the power was awesome ,handling was crisp Are the outher 4 strokes on par with the crf ?

I have rode mostly two strokes and I am not up on the 4stroke thing Opinions please

I'd like some input, I bump around on a 2000 kx 250 and love the bike. It's a good fit for my size .

Here's what I need , I rode a crf 450 and I must say WOW the power was awesome ,handling was crisp Are the outher 4 strokes on par with the crf ?

I have rode mostly two strokes and I am not up on the 4stroke thing Opinions please

Stock I think the Honda makes the least power. Not that the vast majority of people need as much power as any of the 450's make but ya pretty much all the new bikes are pretty great

• Like 1

As a youngster I did motocross now that I am 40 mostly run the desert and look for a challenge with the chance of hitting a track or two just for hell of it ! I do have my own track to bump around on

If you're after a good all around good performing anywhere reliable as hell bike, I'd seriously take a look at a WR450. It's no mx'r but it does everything pretty dam well. You can set it up for track and trail and desert. Super fun bike.

Pick a color and have fun. Buy based on condition not brand. All 450s have more power than us regular humans really need but they sure are fun

• Like 1

Premixed

Do any stand out ( in a croud)? Handling wise. I be leave the power of the 450 is mabey a bit much for me but it's nice to have it if a chose

Suzukis have always stood out for handling but they are all close and good bikes. The one downside is that they are heavy bikes. Especially if you get an "off-road" version like a Yamaha WR or a Honda X. But those are also quite popular bikes.

• Like 1

450's aren't the big bad monsters people lead on about.

They're a weakling compared to the true open class bikes.

It took maybe 15 minutes of getting used to the 450 for me to be up to speed on it.

Its got enough power to get through most situations but tame enough to be rideable in all terrain.

I've got a KTM, handles great, not heavy feeling, has the magic button.

Helps in stalled situations for the vertically challenged like me. The six speed is nice in wide open riding.

Idk if any of this helps you make the decision but its all I can say about it.

I chose the 450 due to my age and health issues, couldn't feel confident on open class 2t's anymore. 450 is very mellow compared to my previous bike.

Well guys great info ! I have always been a suki fan but mostly rode Yamaha and been happy with that , the olny Kawasaki I've had is the one that I ride now , it was a box case when I got it and with the help of two more bikes I got her back together and I got extra parts to boot .

Thank you for your opions

• Like 1