Sign in to follow this  

Anybody run a standard chain these days?

i'll be due for a chain soon, im planning on heading to the local woods on a regular basis and thats the main role im putting my S in for probably awhile and was considering gearing it down to .. anyway what does this set look like to you guys i respect your judgement

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJOU1YM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=10T3L1LU879K6&coliid=I2I03LB09O3WGL

.. or should i just get a regina chain and be done with it?

61wwcTBbNLL._SL1500_.jpg

With proper maintenance and cleaning, a standard chain can work fine and some riders even prefer them.  I have always used O or X ring chains myself and I've gotten a LOT of mile out of them so that's what I stick with.  They're a little more money and you've still got to maintain them, but they give me that warm fuzzy feeling so that's what I go with.

• Like 1

I have seen non o-ring chains go from new to needing to be replaced in one mud race. I have had an o-ring chain on for one hole season and it have yet to adjust it.

• Like 1

i really like my o ring chain. i have been using the ert2 chains for like 4 changes but my 09 came with an oring chain and i havent had to mess with it at all. my ert2s always have to get adjusted when i first get them and then they get loose pretty often. i only ride on the street too..

• Like 1

i'll be due for a chain soon, im planning on heading to the local woods on a regular basis and thats the main role im putting my S in for probably awhile and was considering gearing it down to .. anyway what does this set look like to you guys i respect your judgement

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJOU1YM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=10T3L1LU879K6&coliid=I2I03LB09O3WGL

.. or should i just get a regina chain and be done with it?

Yep, Regina 'Professional Enduro' chain.  :thumbsup: