Sign in to follow this  

Oil Line Leaking

Has anyone ever had a leak in there suction oil line from the frame to the engine?  I think mine is leaking (1983 XL6) and it is the original.  What years would fit the bike?

Thanks,

ME

All of them will fit..Same engines ,,same basic frame layout.

You're I assume talking about the line that is under the fuel tank and runs from the head cover to the top

frame oil tank..Any one will do if Yes..Only time I've had oil coming out of that area was when I shoved

the incorrect pipe on there from my box of bits. It was a single pipe but someone had put a T joiner in

its center and run another unblocked line off that,,I didn't know any better at the time,,Oil puked out

of the joined unblocked section at highish speed..Since replaced that with the correct pipe and ridded myself

of that  :devil: of a machine.

Edited by Horri

Ah.. right..Well I can't be 100% sure but I'll go to a 90 and say any line off any 600/650L will be the same..Certainly the XL/XR600s

should all be the same..I've checked a few fiche..XL,, discontinued parts,,Early pre 87 XRs use a different part number than after 88,,

The early XR lines are also discontinued..I still say the XL lines will be exactly the same as XR600 or 650L..Certainly arent cheap..

May be better to take it into a hydraulics shop and get them to swage some new line on it..

Edited by Horri