Sign in to follow this  

Washington Dirt biker crashes in creek and dies

This is real sad to hear, reminds me of the rickity bridge back in the Reiter days. Just wondering if this was any kind of place to ride? I don't think it was Evans Creek ORV.

Voights creek is near the town of Orting. There used to be a riding area near there. It was generally called the crator. But like a lot of places the urban sprawl got to it and most of that area is now housing developments.

I found this

ORTING, Wash. -- A man in his 20s has drowned after falling off his motorcycle into Voight Creek Friday afternoon. The man was trying to ride a dirt bike across a log about 20 feet above the creek when he fell into the water, said Det. Medics arrived on the scene and pronounced the man dead.

So, I work with one of his friends.....Apparently (he's not (wasn't) the brightest guy) he was trying to ride across a log laying across the creek, about 25' ABOVE the creek. 

So, I work with one of his friends.....Apparently (he's not (wasn't) the brightest guy) he was trying to ride across a log laying across the creek, about 25' ABOVE the creek. 

sucks he died....wish he'd of made it. 

This is real sad to hear, reminds me of the rickity bridge back in the Reiter days. Just wondering if this was any kind of place to ride? I don't think it was Evans Creek ORV.

Ah the good ole' days of Reiter.  Which rickety bridge might you be referring to?

NC

Ah the good ole' days of Reiter.  Which rickety bridge might you be referring to?

NC

Would it be this one?

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

:)

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 5

Oh ya, the bridge over May Creek at the end of the cable trail. Damn I miss that riding area.

That it in good condition, toward the end it was down right scary crossing it. Pretty much had to ride atop of one log while sliding your boots along the other two. The chain link fence had worn out.

That it in good condition, toward the end it was down right scary crossing it. Pretty much had to ride atop of one log while sliding your boots along the other two. The chain link fence had worn out.

Would it be this one?

Brings back fond memories of making friends and family members hate me.

• Like 2

Would it be this one?

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

I dont' remember this one.  I remember one way near index wall that was more like half a dozen tree trunks laying side by side.  I rode across that one but it was only about six feet above the shallow stream.  Was the one you have pictured near the trail to Lake Isabel?  I want to say it crossed May creek?  I never made it to Isabel the one time I tried.  I remember the trail being literally covered in bowling ball sized boulders.  But boy were those the days.  If I could find my old photos, I'd start a thread titled Remembering Reiter and we could all post all of our old photos of the good old days.

BTW, I am always leery of dater more than about thigh deep if I am in gear.  I'll never get boots off quick enough to swim, especially if there is any current.

NC

Edited by NumberCruncher

I dont' remember this one.  I remember one way near index wall that was more like half a dozen tree trunks laying side by side.  I rode across that one but it was only about six feet above the shallow stream.  Was the one you have pictured near the trail to Lake Isabel?  I want to say it crossed May creek?  I never made it to Isabel the one time I tried.  I remember the trail being literally covered in bowling ball sized boulders.  But boy were those the days.  If I could find my old photos, I'd start a thread titled Remembering Reiter and we could all post all of our old photos of the good old days.

BTW, I am always leery of dater more than about thigh deep if I am in gear.  I'll never get boots off quick enough to swim, especially if there is any current.

NC

Oh, I know a few of us who can swim real well in our gear :busted:  :smirk:

Joe