Capital District

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to the area, but I've found some trails outside Clarksville that go out towards Berne. Also some state land down outside Rensselaerville that I've ridden a few times.

Edited by jakemo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to the area, but I've found some trails outside Clarksville that go out towards Berne. Also some state land down outside Rensselaerville that I've ridden a few times.

What was that stuff like?

What was that stuff like?

The state land is fairly wide trails that are pretty short.  The seem to make loops off the dirt roads that run through there.  Not bad riding, but nothing too technical.  Fun in the spring when its wet & muddy.  The trail system outside Clarksville seems pretty extensive, snowmobile in winter atv in summer.  I stumbled on it last summer and was shown some of it by somebody I met up there.  The problem with them is they snake on forever but at times without knowing where you're going its hard to pick up where to go.  Where I split off from him last time the trail continued down what looked like start of someones driveway.  

Where do you ride? You have some good spots around here?  

I'm up in Troy. There seems to be a lot of trails around here but I'm new to this trail thing and need to find places that I'm not bothering anybody. Like you said every trail I hit I seem to wind up in somebody's backyard. I joined stateline riders last year, they had just purchased some land but there weren't any trails yet. It was a work in progress that my schedule doesn't really compliment. I kind of need a plan so I can hit the road right after work and hit trails that are close. I don't have a truck so I have to ride to and from each spot. Stay in touch we'll figure something out.

• 2 weeks later...