Sign in to follow this  

2003 200 MXC case splitting

Anything in particular I need to know or look out for splitting the cases on my 200?

Flywheel puller and what else for special tools?

Replaced the spacer and clutch side crank seal a month ago and it's leaking again so time for a crank rebuild. Anyone around the Midwest good? It'll spend over a week in transit if I send it ground to Texas.

I have my 200 torn apart also, i'm takin my crank to get the  rod and bearing changed out to a place in kc, idk how far you are from kc but I can give you his info if you want, freedom cycles in Grandview mo recommended him cause they don't change the rods out, the guys runnin about a week behind right now but told me if I drop it off he'd have it done in a week

Its worth sending it to Cooksey Cranks, He does excellent work. 

Other than a flywheel puller no case splitter or special tools needed. 

i noticed on Cooksey website that its a day turn around? is he usually pretty good with that? I emailed him just now, I should get my rod kit tomorrow thinkin about next day air to him and hope to have it by this weekend, I maybe dreamin? lol

Thanks for the responses so far. Ordered a flywheel puller today. No luck ones I already have would work.

Anything I should look for in the trans? Seemed like the clutch basket bearing could have used replacing when I was in there last time.

The piston's got maybe 20-30 hours on it. Going to look for shiny spots and whatnot. I wonder if it's been rocking in the bore with the crank being loose. If I don't see any visual evidence of that I'll probably just ring it unless someone can tell me for sure why that's a bad idea.