Sign in to follow this  

04 cams?

Hi everyone, just wondering if 04 cams would work on a 01 ......I was thinking they would just need to know forsure, thanks!

I believe that they will.  I know that they will for 02 because we did the upgraded exhaust cam in our 02.

You will have to check the valve clearance and possibly change shims to bring it back into spec.

Someone else may want to weigh in on this.

Edited by ronbuell

If you are looking for the auto decompression cam I went to hondaeasttoledo and picked up a cam from the 03 for my recent 01 rebuild. I believe SUnruh has an answer in his FAQ page at the top of the forum and I do believe the 04 cam works as well.

I checked the FAQ page and yes it will work. Cams from 03-09 WILL work on the 01-02 bikes.

Edited by morphrider

Heads up on that parts bike. I originally found a used cam set up from an 04 or so bike. I picked up the set for around $100. The cam had groove marks in it, pretty thrashed unit. I thought it would still work but it just made my bike run like crap and I ended up doing a full rebuild on it anyway. I could not return those cams and I was not going to re-sell them, so that was money down the drain. Long story short, take a good look at those cams prior to installing them. You can get a brand new cam for around $140 or so. Unless the parts bike is something you can physically look at prior to buying I would be wary.

Yea the bike is already tore apart ....the motor dropped a valve......I was gona pick up the cams, front forks,and the carb