Sign in to follow this  

1993 DR250 throttle lag help...

Hi guys and gals I am new to the forum and I hope I am in the right place. I recently acquired a 1993 DR250 knowing it needs a little tinkering. My major concern is the throttle lag, once the throttle is applied the bike acts like it has a dead spot but once it snaps out of it it is fine. Any Idea what could be causing this issue? It must be a carburetor issue of some kind but does anyone know or have a good idea of what could be the problem. Thanks in advance.  

What carb do u have? Stock?

Don't let Monday ruin your Sunday!

I am having the same problem in my 1995 DR350.  Let me know if you find a solution.  It happens around mid throttle for me, and like you said, once it snaps out it runs great.  I have stock CV carb.

I have had a 250 and 350's in various guises, all carburate very well, SO.......  I would start by stripping the carb down, check for blocked jets (especially the pilot circuit) and also that the slide moves smoothly and that the diaphragm is not damaged.

Next step airfilter, valve gaps, etc

Edited by thedktor

I have had a 250 and 350's in various guises, all carburate very well, SO.......  I would start by stripping the carb down, check for blocked jets (especially the pilot circuit) and also that the slide moves smoothly and that the diaphragm is not damaged.

Next step airfilter, valve gaps, etc

I just cleaned the carb. the other day and everything is up to par on that. The bike is stock and has 11,000 original miles and I think its time for a valve adjustment and possible seals. At this point Im thinking that might be the problem, plus she needs a new air filter as well. The bike starts real hard, doesn't matter if its hot or cold. I imagine that valves would have a lot to do with that. 

Really simple fix!  Replace the crap vacuum petcock and plug the vacuum line to carb!!!   This crappy setup has caused thousand of folks headachesl!!!  use yamaha rapture cocks- direct replacements for $8.