Sign in to follow this  

Just got an exclosed trailer, looking for ideas.

Just got a 6x10 + plus vnose. Im planning on setting it up to haul my dirt bike, gear, fuels, and a small toolbox. Some of my questions are:

1. For securing which is better turnbuckles and the stand or tie downs and a wheel chock?

2. Floor surface how does bedliner work?

3. Adding a battery to run a stereo. Which is better and easier solar charging or charging off tow vehicle? What would be required to charge off of the vehicle? I all ready have a seven prong plug on my truck with constant power in the plug.

I have searched and looked on other threads now i just want a definetive answer. Thx

Look at the "enclosed trailer thread". Everyone has their own definition of definitive. It's all up to you.

Okay so i have got it all set up for now. Later on i will probably change my mounting and what not. Lots of ideas in that thread only if i had the time and money lol.

I want to add more interior lights and possibly a radio. (trailer currently has a 4 flat plug) i want to install an auxillary battery so i dont drain truck or need to have it hooked up. What do i need for parts?. Truck has tow package so i have constant power at the back. (wire looks to be 14ga) thinking i will add a battery box on the toungue and put a junction box in there. Ill eventually put a 7 way plug on trailer so i can hook up directly without adaptors. What do i need to accomplish my wiring task? (going from truck plug to trailer junction box) anything im supposed to install to prevent back feeding and melting wires when starting primary vehicle. Thanks and sorry if that makes no sense

I think you should simply put a RV battery in the trailer w/a solar charger, maybe 2, to keep the battery up and a simple fuse block. If you use a car stereo then that should work for you. If you find that you are not getting enough life out of the single battery, you can always mount to in parallel (+to+/-to-) this doubles the amps, but not the volts.You can find the solar chargers at O'Reilly's and Harbor Freight...I'd go with O'Reilly's myself.

As far as lights go, use LED light strips, keeps the power draw pretty low and you can find them pretty cheap. Mount them across the trailer on the roof beams/trusses.

Thanks. Definetly liking the solar charging idea now that i think of it since there will be less wiring and would probably be cheaper in the end

Thanks. Definetly liking the solar charging idea now that i think of it since there will be less wiring and would probably be cheaper in the end

And it won't tax your charging system.

If you decide to go with a 7 prong plug and charge off of your alternator, you will need to add a battery Isolator.to keep the trailer from discharging your main battery, just like if you had a dual battery set up in your truck.

So i plan on installing e-track now and im wondering on whats the best way to install it? On the floor or wall just off the floor? If i go with the floor i have 3/4" plywood to bolt through. If i go with the wall i only have the studs to secure to (with self drilling screws). Which is better in the end and will be more secure/safe?