2014 KX250F, cant make it turn!

I've read through all of the setup tips I could find on TT (and elswhere) ;raise the forks, set the sag, adjust the fork preload etc, etc. but i still cant get any feedback from the front tire in a turn, berm or rut. Even going straight the front end feels very vague. I should note that I've been riding a 13 RMZ and this being my first Kawi (maybe thats the problem, Suz turn really well) I would say that if the Suz is a lazer, the Kawi is a shotgun.

I love everything else about the bike and I dont want to give up on it but if I cant get it to turn better, a lot better, I think I will sell it and stick with yellow. Any wisdom from you Kawi guys out there?

• Like 1

Run the rear wheel as far back as possible. This will put weight on the front wheel. I suggest getting some aftermarket clamps. The xtrig clamps are expensive,but you can swap between 2 offsets. Play with the preload adjuster on the top of the right fork. Turn it out will preload the spring less and let the fork settle in corners. Front tire choice does make a difference. Try adjusting high speed on shock. If the rear squats too much in a turn it will make the front ride high and not track. Slow rebound on the front fork so front doesn't push at center of turn. Kx250f steers with the rear more than a suzuki. It will take some setup and riding style changes,but the kx250f can turn just as good as any other bike. Think most were running 20-21.5mm offset. Stock is 22 or 24. Can't remember

I have not tried moving the rear wheel back (need a new chain first) but I've played with the preload and clickers, front and rear, a lot. Still havent found a good setting that didnt lead to massive headshake.  I know its mostly me because I see guys killing it on this bike. 

I'm also hesitant to drop a lot of coin on new triples.  Maybe I'm just not a Kawi guy. ?

Thanks for you input.

If cornering is what is important to you, I dare say sell the green bike, and buy the Yellow bike.    It would be easier and probably cheaper to make the RMZ motor like the KXF, then it is to get the KX to handle like a RMZ. 

I've been thinking about the same with my KX450, wanting to get it to handle like a RMZ, I could spend thousands chasing it, and maybe get close, but still not as sharp as a RMZ.  I have decided to accept that, and work with what I have, as I love every single other aspect of the green machine, first bike which just fits me like a glove ergo wise from the factory.

I've read through all of the setup tips I could find on TT (and elswhere) ;raise the forks, set the sag, adjust the fork preload etc, etc. but i still cant get any feedback from the front tire in a turn, berm or rut. Even going straight the front end feels very vague. I should note that I've been riding a 13 RMZ and this being my first Kawi (maybe thats the problem, Suz turn really well) I would say that if the Suz is a lazer, the Kawi is a shotgun.

I love everything else about the bike and I dont want to give up on it but if I cant get it to turn better, a lot better, I think I will sell it and stick with yellow. Any wisdom from you Kawi guys out there?

One word...Factory Connection   ok 2. They will help call the Oklahoma office and ask or Tom Wallace