Sign in to follow this  

20mm offset clamps on 2014

Today I tested the 20mm offset the 2015 uses instead of the 22mm of the 2014 , I think overall it was a good change and I didn't notice any stability issues and it seemed to turn more naturally like on rails , less input was needed to corner , this was on a 250sxf , maybe the others would benefit the same I can't say for sure

Today I tested the 20mm offset the 2015 uses instead of the 22mm of the 2014 , I think overall it was a good change and I didn't notice any stability issues and it seemed to turn more naturally like on rails , less input was needed to corner , this was on a 250sxf , maybe the others would benefit the same I can't say for sure

I had the 20 mm on my 13 450sxf and like them a lot. The new 14.5 Factory has the same set up with 22 mm offset but a 2 mm set back axle, which gives you the same 20mm off set. Of course the NEW 16 which Dungey will be riding next year is rumored to be a completly new bike yet again… 

I had the 20 mm on my 13 450sxf and like them a lot. The new 14.5 Factory has the same set up with 22 mm offset but a 2 mm set back axle, which gives you the same 20mm off set. Of course the NEW 16 which Dungey will be riding next year is rumored to be a completly new bike yet again… 

I bought the 20.5mm ride engineering clamps for my '13 but have not put them on yet.  Did you notice a huge difference from the stock and what specifically did you like or dislike about them? I plan to put them on and try them but want to get more time with the stock set up so I can have a base to judge off of.

I bought the 20.5mm ride engineering clamps for my '13 but have not put them on yet.  Did you notice a huge difference from the stock and what specifically did you like or dislike about them? I plan to put them on and try them but want to get more time with the stock set up so I can have a base to judge off of.

The stock 22's cause it to knife under at times, sort of like understeer. The biks corners much better with the 20's and its very noticeable… a lot less effort to ride it also.

Yes I think it takes less effort to make a nice turn than before , no stability issues , seemed like a win win