Sign in to follow this  

Power jet solenoid rubber tip

Hi I recently found that the rubber tip in of the rod in my power jet solenoid was ripped off and the piece was sitting down inside the jet hole. It may have been clogging the hole and causing me to have my richer jetting.

I have searched to find the rubber tip but all I can find is the complete solenoid from Yamaha for around $158.00.

I was wondering if any of you have found a cheaper source for just the tip. Please let me know. I hate to spend 150 on just a small rubber tip.

Here is what it should look like.

1400438220594.jpg

Here is what mine looks like.

1400438290742.jpg

Look on ebay, usually can find a whole carb for 100.00 bucks. Then you have spare everything.

Thanks for the suggestion but the pickings are very slim right now on eBay and are up around 200. Also, I'd rather not spend that money not knowing if its in the same condition or worse than the carb I already have.

Thanks for the suggestion but the pickings are very slim right now on eBay and are up around 200. Also, I'd rather not spend that money not knowing if its in the same condition or worse than the carb I already have.

I HAVE ONE. IT CAME OFF THE PWK FROM MY CR, THE POWERJET IS SITTING IN MY TOOLBOX

I've got one. Spare from my pwk swap

Were you saying that you have one that you would considering parting with? Also are we talking about the whole solenoid or you just have the rubber tip

Were you saying that you have one that you would considering parting with? Also are we talking about the whole solenoid or you just have the rubber tip

While solenoid, and sure, why do i care lol? It don't work on my bike, i also got that rubber house with the two house clamps from the intake too. They both came with the carb Edited by zotis777

While solenoid, and sure, why do i care lol? It don't work on my bike, i also got that rubber house with the two house clamps from the intake too. They both came with the carb

I'm interested if you'll part with it. Can you pm me and well discuss it further.

Just curious...if you have any running problems with that tip gone?

My bike always seems to not require the same jetting as other yz riders in my area and everything else on the bike seems to check out. But I just recently found the tip torn and today will be the first time I ride it with the tip gone. When I pulled it out the tip was just torn sitting down in the jet, so I don't know if it was plugging the jet or not. It may run the same for me as it was before if it wasn't plugging it. After I ride it today I can let you know. But, that question, along with asking if anyone had a cheap source, is actually why I made the post.

The rubber tip missing from the power jet solenoid,could this cause a lean condition or popping on decel to be specific

98 rm250